which shimano

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

which shimano

Post by daleo » Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Well I went and picked up another rod so I need another reel. Contemplating buying the Curado 100D but the Scorpion 1000 or the Scorpion 1000MG seem very good also. Probably use for throwing lures 1/4 oz and up.
Would love to buy the Conquest 100,but I don't think there is anyway I can swing that.Advice from Folks owning these reels would be appreciated.

Thanks DaleO

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: which shimano

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat May 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Id go scorpion MG...I have 2 of them, one with TGs and one with SICs and they are great reels for throwing finesse to more stought applications. I use mine for flukes, jigs, worms, and jerkbaits. 8-) That and there light!
Get the conquest 50! :evil22: :peace:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:29 pm

daleo wrote:Well I went and picked up another rod so I need another reel. Contemplating buying the Curado 100D but the Scorpion 1000 or the Scorpion 1000MG seem very good also. Probably use for throwing lures 1/4 oz and up.
Would love to buy the Conquest 100,but I don't think there is anyway I can swing that.Advice from Folks owning these reels would be appreciated.

Thanks DaleO
The reels you mentioned(100D, Scorpion1000, Mg) are all very good reels for lures in the lighter range. If you're going to go heavier more often, a Metanium XT is also a very good choice. My XT has been my favorite reel ever since I used it for the first time. It's not nearly as pricey as the Conquest either.

Side-note -> my new favorite reel may very well be the new Metanium Mg7...which mine is on the way as of tonight...so I should have it by next weekend for sure... 8-) I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on that reel.. :big grin:

Justin

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Sat May 26, 2007 10:38 pm

I have those three reels, and to me, the smart choice is the Curado 100D. The scorpion 1000 is 7/10th of an ounce heavier, and the MG is 1.3 ounces lighter, but at 7.4 oz, it is still light. They can be had for only $155 or so, and with the "leftover" money, you can install some nice ceramics. You'd be all set.