Omega "Savior" Shakey Head

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Omega "Savior" Shakey Head

Post by KoYak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 am

Hey Guys,

I've been trying shakey heads for the last year and none of the heads worked in my lakes and ponds - Weedy bottoms. All of the heads would just foul up with weeds and just would not work.

I searched the Internet again this week and found the Omega Savior.

Head looks like it'll go through weeds well.

I ordered some today and will report back after I've used them. Also order some jigs and jig heads.

Anyone else used these?

Mike

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Omega "Savior" Shakey Head

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:04 am

i have some and honestly dont care for them, off corse, we dont have much grass where i fish, but the bite me shakey heads have been doing REAL well for me
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by KoYak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:06 am

Boonethelunkerlander wrote:i have some and honestly dont care for them, off corse, we dont have much grass where i fish, but the bite me shakey heads have been doing REAL well for me
Boone,

what did you not like about the saviors?

If these heads work, I see a lot of use for them.

Mike

Plitz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Plitz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:46 am

KoYak,I'm very interested in your feed back,since I live in Wis all we have are weeds.The other heads do not work well for me neither.I thought maybe it was just me?Let us know!!

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:43 am

i just did not like the way my finesse worms looked on them, i tried everything i could to get them strait and could not, maybe i got a bad batch, but for now i am happy with my bite me's
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by KoYak » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am

I got on the water today and tried the Savior Shakey Head. I only purchased the 1/8 oz head and it is extremely weedless. On the minus side is that unless you have a very buoyant bait, it sometimes does not stand. It looks like the flat section of the head that allows the bait to stand is a bit curved. I have a feeling the larger sizes will stand better. I'm gonna break out the dremel and flatten this section. Then I think it will be perfect. Just because this head is so weedless, it is something I will keep in my bag.

On a side note, the Omega finesse jig looks like an awesome bait. I fished it for about 20 minutes and from the looks of it, it always rests hook up and is extremely weedless.

Mike

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:28 pm

im glad you liked them, you just might have caused me to give mine another shot, good luck
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels