New Shimanos @ El Salto...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Shimanos @ El Salto...

Post by bassmaster_flex » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:31 am

Yeah, those new rods sound amazing. IM10 construction? Lighter than the Crucials?

Wow wow weeeee wow!

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 am

Very good read, I had fun just reading it! One of my favs by far. Im not much of a Shimano guy if you look at my arsenal but I can easyly see the tables being equaled out very soon when looking at my arsenal.

Nice Bass Zander.. cant believe Cal wasnt there :shock:. or we just didnt see him?

I know for sure ill be buying atleast two of their new rods. Im not good with lettering but whats that hint on the buttcap? :D

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:36 am

GAMEOVER wrote:Nice Bass Zander.. cant believe Cal wasnt there :shock:. or we just didnt see him?
I declined because I knew they wouldn't have the lefties ready yet ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:39 am

Cal wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:Nice Bass Zander.. cant believe Cal wasnt there :shock:. or we just didnt see him?
I declined because I knew they wouldn't have the lefties ready yet ;)
Oh yeah forgot about Shimano and their "almost non-existant" lefty market. :x

But El Sato! Ah hell you can go on the Delta/Clear lake and can catch that size. You guys are very fortunate to have these connections and now that the word is out to the world about how anglers are accessing the interenet for all sorts of things this makes you guys a pioneer in a way with this site. I congradulate you all for your success and thank you for the site.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:46 am

On a serious note, i was still enroute from Australia when the fella's were taking off for El Salto, so it was a matter of logistics and availability. Maybe next time ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:55 am

Cal wrote:On a serious note, i was still enroute from Australia when the fella's were taking off for El Salto, so it was a matter of logistics and availability. Maybe next time ;)
Yeah, youve seen a lot and done a lot already. You met some of the most powerful people in the industry. I dont want to go off topic but I cant help but ask how this whole thing (TT site, reviews, forums) came about. I dont think most realize on just how big of a scale you guys have taken TT and done things. Deffinatly saw more and met more people then I will in my entire life.

You still didnt give me the meaning of the hint on that buttcap. I know the Crucial uses a similar one ;) .

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm

You mean this Game ? :

That´s an easy one, it has two characters, the translation is: BUY ME

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:22 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:Yeah, youve seen a lot and done a lot already. You met some of the most powerful people in the industry. I dont want to go off topic but I cant help but ask how this whole thing (TT site, reviews, forums) came about. I dont think most realize on just how big of a scale you guys have taken TT and done things. Deffinatly saw more and met more people then I will in my entire life.
Thanks Gameover, its been a great ride since we started this little site back in 2001. Who knew we would be doing near 2 million impressions a month on the main site and forum. The site is fueled by all our great readers, who found a home among other tackle junkies. Its becuase of all you guys that we get such a kick out of doing this. So thank you. :hugs:

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:22 pm

raul wrote:That´s an easy one, it has two characters, the translation is: BUY ME
LOL! Hilarious...

jwick22
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jwick22 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Great article......The rods look nice...I don't like how small the butt caps are though.....The reel almost looks identical to the Met.Mg......

What are the differences between the Us and JDM Met Mg and core?

Thanks

Jon

Captain Chaos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Captain Chaos » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 pm

Is that a weight balance in the butt section or is it just for looks.....?? Man, I can't wait for July with all this stuff coming out. Monkey is agitated.

Nickk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nickk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:06 pm

hmmm, and I was just considering another Crucial to the lineup...perhaps I wait....

spinningreel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by spinningreel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:00 pm

I am very interested on the PALADIN gear feature, with more people using high strength braids with relatively small spinners, more and more gears fall in the battle.

Any detail on the very material or strength comparison to zinc alloy or stainless steel?

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Captain Chaos wrote:Is that a weight balance in the butt section or is it just for looks.....?? Man, I can't wait for July with all this stuff coming out. Monkey is agitated.
THAT fast ? ( yeah right, look who´s talkin´ :roll: )

JayInGrapevine
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JayInGrapevine » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:40 pm

I'll find out when we'll be getting them at Sportsman's Warhouse. Looks like I'll definitely be getting that Core, only question is if it will come in a 50 size.