New Shimanos @ El Salto...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Shimanos @ El Salto...

Post by Papageno1791 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:44 am

wantthat2 wrote:
Very interesting to see the direction Shimano is headed with their rods-especially owning Loomis too.
Actually, this is the issue that caught my eye about this article. For the present at least, I probably will continue buying JDM reels. The new rods however are very interesting. Daiwa made a big move with their Steez rods. I hope Shimano will do the same. I will definitely look forward to TT's reviews on these.
G.Loomis will continue targeting anglers who only look for top performance in a rod while Shimano will try to explore the enthusiast market. You know, those guys willing to sacrifice a little bit of performance for an exotic-look rod. A split-grip is a good start...
---- Catch & Release -----

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Notice how Loomis/Croix/others market modulus as well...ie

IMX/GLX/SCIV/SCV, etc...

Shimano is using IM10? Which to me seems a little pretentious because then other makers can just keep inserting such and such number after the IM. Other than that, I think the rods will be very good and very enthusiast in design as well.

ShoreBound
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ShoreBound » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Bantam1 wrote: The left handed reels make up a small portion of the entire reel market. Due to the costs of development, tooling and everything else that is associated with creating a new reel, the return simply cannot make it worth the investment on certain models. I am not saying that we (Shimano) are not just forgetting about you left handed anglers in any way.

The left handed market is growing so expect to see more coming in the future. For now the Curado 301DSV will just have to do ;)
That's what I don't like about Shimano. You consider us a minority. The thing is I think that more people would buy more lefties if only they are more readily available. You should take a look at the some of the polls that have been made here.

I was at a tackle store once and the rep there was pushing for a righty because 'most people use right-handed' reels totally disregarding and not asking for the customer's preference.

Same with rods. Very limited choices of high-end multi-piece factory built rods and/or blanks.

No Shimano for me this year.