New Shimanos @ El Salto...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Shimanos @ El Salto...

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:34 am

iangler wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:You still didnt give me the meaning of the hint on that buttcap.
In Japanese it's read "kaku" which means center or core ;)
Thanks for the clarification. ;)
raul wrote:You mean this Game ? :

That´s an easy one, it has two characters, the translation is: BUY ME
:lol: :clap: I deffinatly will be.

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 am

From the looks of Bantam1's post no lefties of the new reels for a while :cry: ! I was really hoping that the new reels would be left hand friendly and ready to go at the same time as the right. I'll be looking into getting a Curado 301 though.

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Bantam1 wrote:... We are working on adding a support forum on here once we all have to time to figure out the details. For now I will surf this site periodically and answer Shimano related questions...
welcome aboard... i've read your posts on AC and look forward to your contributions to this site as well :-c

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Thank you!! I am looking forward to posting on this site. I think I will have plenty to offer on this site.

No new leftys right now. The Metanium/MG7 isn't available in lefty either. We are at the mercy of Japan and the development/sales team here for left handed products. Once we get everything rolling on this site I will explain how the process works for development. I think everyone would be interested in how this works and why certain products are not made available to the US market.

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Never really been a big Shimano guy, more like a Daiwa Fan, but these new Shimano US products is piqueing my curiousity. add to that that I think Daiwa's new releases seem un-appetizing, Looks like Shimano is going to get a BIG chunk of my tackle budget this year.

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:44 pm

John Puckett wrote:From the looks of Bantam1's post no lefties of the new reels for a while :cry: ! I was really hoping that the new reels would be left hand friendly and ready to go at the same time as the right. I'll be looking into getting a Curado 301 though.
Oh no, but ya´ll lefty reelers keeep on saying this and that about righty reels, that you don´t have to shift hands, that it´s inefficient, bla, bla, bla, bla.

Lefty baitcasters are the work of Satan, God meant the BC to be righty, that´s what heppens when you don´t follow God´s wishes .... no reels for you lefty BC guys.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:47 pm

No soup for you!!!!!
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

dvang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dvang » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:53 pm

i knew it was coming when cabelas were putting the shimanos on sale maybe the sol spinning reel will have to wait.

i hope the use of that cheap 2cent unpainted plastic piece by the bail has been replaced with there new models. thatll have me sold

aquaholik
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by aquaholik » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Looks like we'll be getting the Japan version of the Stella with the tapered spool lip. I wonder if they will be replacing the dated US Sustain.

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Lefty baitcasters are the work of Satan, God meant the BC to be righty, that´s what heppens when you don´t follow God´s wishes .... no reels for you lefty BC guys.
Raul: there is no "Right" hand of darkness. There is only the "Left Hand of Darkness". And is it not true that you have many many times crossed over to the darkness? Do you not recognize this :evil: ?

After all, soup can be a very thin gruel.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:28 pm

wantthat2 wrote:After all, soup can be a very thin gruel.
With enough practise, you can train yourself to hold your soup spoon in the proper hand to get some soup...just depends on how hungry you are. :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Couldn´t say it better than Marc did. :lol:

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Has pricing on the reels been released?

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:26 pm

With enough practise, you can train yourself to hold your soup spoon in the proper hand to get some soup...just depends on how hungry you are
Exactly. I totally agree. With enough practise you don't have to "change hands" Do you STILL have to change hands? Not enough practise perhaps? Not hungry enough? :lol:

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:31 pm

A real man wouldn't let a little thing like changing hands keep him from catchin' a big'un. A little girly man however might complain about his weak little left arm and how hard it is for him to hold his rod with his weak little left arm...probably can't even carry his purse with his weak little left arm! :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker