inserts for recoil guides

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
avid
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

inserts for recoil guides

Post by avid » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 pm

I really like my BCR series rods, but using cranking baits with braided line can be annoying in terms of noise.
Anyone know of inserts for these guides or other ways to quiet them down?
thanks,
avid.

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: inserts for recoil guides

Post by hobobob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 pm

These *inserts* should work. also works wonders on nagging girl friend/wife. =))))

Redfisher18
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Redfisher18 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:15 am

I'm surprised your not having problems loosing fish throwing cranks on an extra fast rod using braid. I don't think you can put inserts in recoils. Not having to worry about inserts popping out is one of the pluses to the guides. You may want to try flourocarbon while throwing cranks on your bcr's. The noise will be reduced and your bait will get down further since the line will sink.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:32 am

avid wrote:I really like my BCR series rods, but using cranking baits with braided line can be annoying in terms of noise.
Anyone know of inserts for these guides or other ways to quiet them down?
thanks,
avid.

Nope. They are what they are.

You could try products like Reel Magic. But I think those would be temporary solutions at best.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods

avid
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by avid » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Redfisher18 wrote:I'm surprised your not having problems loosing fish throwing cranks on an extra fast rod using braid. I don't think you can put inserts in recoils. Not having to worry about inserts popping out is one of the pluses to the guides. You may want to try flourocarbon while throwing cranks on your bcr's. The noise will be reduced and your bait will get down further since the line will sink.
When I said "cranking type baits" I meant baits that steadily reeled as opposed to a worm or jig, which is generally what I use these rods for. but still there are times when I want to put a matts baby bass on my BCR875 whch requires a steady retireve. It's no big deal really, but you know how sometimes we can nit picky about the "little things"
I asked a question.
I got an anwer.
the world is still turning.