What happend to this years ICast coverage.

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

What happend to this years ICast coverage.

Post by GAMEOVER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:48 pm

You guys do an excellent job here at TT covering everything in the industry but have spoiled me with such good information so its only natural im going to be so critical now. That being said time for the spoiled brat to cry- What happend to this years ICast coverage? I didnt see any terminal tackle covered from you guys and you only covered some Berkley plastics for lures with some swimbaits and I think one or two crankbaits. I feel like somethings missing.

edit* okay I missed the other lures covered I havent been the most active on here as of late. Still no terminal tackle. :worried:

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What happend to this years ICast coverage.

Post by GamblerHydra » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:31 pm

GAMEOVER wrote: I havent been the most active on here as of late.
2200 post since October may be a record :lol: :peace:

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:37 pm

GamblerHydra wrote:
:lol: I dont even look at them and didnt even notice til now. What can I say, I love fishing.

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 am

GAMEOVER wrote:
GamblerHydra wrote:
:lol: I dont even look at them and didnt even notice til now. What can I say, I love fishing.
....seems you like TALKING and gaining experience through reading about fishing more than ACTUALLY fishing :P

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:45 am

I fish just about everyday ask SenkoSnack808 whats in my backyard. Not just whats in my backyard but im a direct straight-shot 10 minute drive to Lake St.Clair, one of the finest smallmouth fisherys in the country.

I can fish every single new rod, reel, and lure I get immediately for testing. I enjoy the actual fish more then any gear I have or will aquire. This is why ill pay what I pay and know what I know a lot of the time. I gain a lot of my knowledge similar to the way Cal, Zander, etc does with there on the water expierence except I dont write reviews or test as much as they do a year. I dont think anyone could.. :lol:

My thirst for even more knowledge beyond on the water time, which I get a lot of, lead me here and is evident in my post count I guess. I wish I could remove that part of my account because its a silly stat to me.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Guys. Truth was we were understaffed this year. It really is a three person job and I had an emergency this year which forced me to miss ICAST for the first time, and JIP and Cal had to cover the show themselves. It was hard for me to follow up after the show, and we felt that the only area we were up to TT par was in the rod coverage. It was my fault for not making out there, and it wont happen again.

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:17 pm

Zander, things happen. I still think the coverage was pretty good.
Compared to other online coverage, it was still probably the best.

You guys need to fly out to Japan next year in Feb, and cover the International Fishing Show in Japan with me to make up ;)

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:24 pm

No problem Zander, I was just curious. I know its a huge event to cover and you cant possibly cover every little detail even fully staffed I just had this feeling something was up. Thanks for posting.