Big Thanks to TW! Crystal Spin...

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Big Thanks to TW! Crystal Spin...

Post by Nitroman77 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 am

Well I bought some of those River2Sea Crystal Spins and I got them last week and took them out to try fri or so and caught some decent bass on the BG color..After catching a 3/4lb dink I went to re-adjust the wire and BAM it shatters at the bend point.. :? It happens, but after much use usually. So I contacted TW and they are sending me a replacement crystal spin this week I hope so I can get it back out on the water. So...your all thinking, how do you like it?? I really like the baits and in the review it says something about how the double skirts gives it a bigger profile, well I think it makes it smaller and more slimline since there are less strands coming off the bait and they are not billowing out like most SBs. The head design is super tough and the blades are pretty sweet as well with the BG color being a blackish color. 8-)
Ive got 3 so far and might order more down the road if they dont break on me. :lol:

Thanks to TW for replacing it since they didn't have to. 8-)
Attachments
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Big Thanks to TW! Crystal Spin...

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:34 am

Got the new replacement yesterday.. going to throw it this afternoon when it cools down. 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

nfocus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nfocus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:13 am

I've ordered two of them and can't wait to toss them myself. Please let us know how they continue to perform for you.

-D

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:25 am

To me them almost seem like a "finesse" SB with the clear smaller looking head and skirt design. Should be killer in the clear water here this fall. :lol:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:47 pm

Skeet,

I like the way they look. I ordered 8 of them. I wish I had not. For a spinner bait, they want come through cover without hanging on everything.

It is a shame I spent that much money that is useless to me where I like to fish.

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Yea the bend of the arm is a bit much for going t through heavy weeds and such, but I fish a lot of open water and rocks so I love them for that.. I use the bullett shads and KVDs for cover since the MB has a smaller profile.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats