Quantum Hot Sauce

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
JIP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quantum Hot Sauce

Post by JIP » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Well, obviously all manufacturers monitor TackleTour and its forums. After the discussion on Hot Sauce damaging Shimano gears, here's Quantum's response and more information on the make up of this red lubricant.
Quantum Hot Sauce Lubrication

In 2001, not satisfied with standard lubrication, Quantum engineers set out to develop a premium, high performance, lubrication for their high-end reels. Working with several lubrication scientists, at one of the worlds best custom lubrication companies, they spent countless hours formulating and testing the best technology had to offer. What they came up with was a special, proprietary blend of synthetic and organic additives to provide the ultimate balance in performance, protection, durability, and smoothness in both grease and oil used for fishing equipment.

Although the formulation is proprietary, some aspects of it can be reveled to inform the general public. Hot Sauce grease does not have any kind of abrasives or lapping compound contained in it. The grease does, however, have a fine Teflon powder suspended in it to improve durability by reducing friction and wear. Teflon is a common additive used in lubrication. There is no such thing as “Teflon based grease”, as some people claim. All solid matter has a certain degree of surface roughness regardless of how smooth or how polished it is. The Teflon in Hot Sauce is formulated in such a way as to fill-in any roughness. The super slick nature of Teflon used in this manner provides unparalleled smoothness and durability. It is possible to see these Teflon particles with a good eye or microscope.

Other unique aspects of this proprietary formulation are: great adhesion to parts caused by the physical and bonding properties of the formulation; additives for superior corrosion protection in saltwater; and, long life and durability by protecting the base oil from aging.

Due to all the additives and complexity of the formulation process, Hot Sauce is not the cheapest lubrication one can find. In fact, Quantum engineers had a difficult time implementing this in production because of its high cost.

Quantum Hot Sauce can be used in any product, spinning, baitcast, trolling, or spincast with great success. Thousands of people have reaped the benefits of Hot Sauce outside of fishing products as well, like in the home and shop. The formulation makes it good for many applications where there are moving parts, wear, noise, and/or corrosion issues. The versatility of Hot Sauce makes it well suited for all freshwater and saltwater applications regardless of style or brand of reel.
JIP - TackleTour.com
http://www.tackletour.com

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Quantum Hot Sauce

Post by D.R. » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks JIP.

I never slowed down with using it. :lol:

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by ChuckE » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:11 pm

Me neither.... It's still my favorite.

Chuck

Bass Pro
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass Pro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:20 pm

No matter what the Shimano reps tell you, Hot Sauce is some good stuff.

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:31 pm

I agree. It's all I use and will use in my reel maintenance. Love the stuff. 8-)

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:32 pm

Ive been using it for a few years and love it! :lol: 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

bloom'n jig
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by bloom'n jig » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:07 pm

I have use Hot Sauce and it allmost work too good. No complaints hers
Thanks,
Bloom'n Jig
Larry Brackin

Cpark
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cpark » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 pm

Thats the way with me. I couldn't believe Hot Sauce would tear up a reel or wear the gears down, whatever they were saying. I've used it in my MG50's for years and with the hot sauce they are smoother than the day I bought them.

Matter of fact, thats the first thing I do with a new one before using it is tear it down, clean it, and lube it with hot sauce.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm

Does it still void the warranty on Shimano reels (or did I miss something)? :?
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:35 pm

From a legal standpoint, it is outside of their warranty terms. With that said, I would still use hot sauce and not worry about losing the warranty terms, unless it was a Calais or Calcutta TE still under warranty.
Pb-LMB 6lb7oz

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:11 pm

warranties are pickle the first few months.

after a year, you're on your own anyway.

as far as the 3 year platinum service, have sent a sh$tpotload of pinkish calais 100a's back to shimano for annual service and ain't nobody rapped my knuckles yet.

as a side note, don't know who them guys are that do the platinum work for shimano but, those guys are GOOD!

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 pm

Hot Sauce Oil and Grease is in all my reels, it is the the best dam oil and grease on the market today !!!!!! Thanks for posting the response :clap:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:14 am

... There is no such thing as “Teflon based grease”, as some people claim. ...
I am looking at a tube of Abu Garcia Silicote Reel Lube WITH PTFE
Specially formulated PTFE based lubricant. PTFE, that would be Teflon.

avid
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by avid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:16 pm

teflon based and teflon included as an ingredient are two entirely different things.