Shimano Cumara CUCX72MH

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
hotwheels
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano Cumara CUCX72MH

Post by hotwheels » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:42 pm

I am considering a Shimano Cumara CUCX72MH rod, mainly for the value of the warranty. I was considering a Kistler MG TS rod, but the Cumara seems better.

How would this rod be for pitching 1/4 to 3/8oz jigs? It has an extra fast tip? So pitching should not be a problem, but does it have the stout backbone?

Also, are the EVA grips firm or soft?

I am referencing the CUCX72MH:

CUCX72MH 7'2" Heavy Power Fast Action 12-20 Line 1/4-1oz lure (From Shimano.com)

I read where there may be some typographical errors, could someone confirm these specs for this model? I see the CUCX72MH model rod listed as having a heavy power, but referenced as being an MH.

Thanks,

HW

HW

K-DOGG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Cumara CUCX72MH

Post by K-DOGG » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am

Yo Hotwheels, I purchased the Shimano Cumara 7'6 Medium Spinning Rod last week and fished it this weekend and it is a wonderful rod! I fished Lake New Merlonies in Tuttletown, CA and had a great time. So if your 7'2 MH Cumara performs like mine, you will be very happy! :D