Wading Boots - need help

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
padavid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Wading Boots - need help

Post by padavid » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:20 am

I have been doing a lot of wading in the Big D, Skuke and local streams for smallies. I have been using my hiking boots with thick wool socks and while that works, I really would like to get studded / felt soled boots. I have been looking at Korkers with the interchangeable soles (you can switch from felt to studs)

Anybody have some advice?

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Wading Boots - need help

Post by DUZBASS » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 am

I would stay away from the korkers, if you want studded felt try the simms boots, I have a few pairs of their L2 boots and they are awesome, very comfortable and well made.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE ... T=footwear

padavid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by padavid » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

Thanks - that is why I am asking.

Have you had problems with Korkers?

backcast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by backcast » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:38 pm

I agree that Simms products are the best in the business in almost every item they make. I use their waders, fleece, and many other of the their products and they are superb.

However Chota makes the best boots in my opinion. Check out the STL plus model. they have felt soles and removable studs. They are the most comfortable wading boots I have found and excell when some hiking is in order. You may not even need the studs (they just screw in or out.)

http://www.chotaoutdoorgear.com/

greatbarracuda
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by greatbarracuda » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:04 pm

Korkers are pretty decent for their price but I've heard lots of complaints of soles getting ripped off/lost to mud.