daiwa rods

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

daiwa rods

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:01 am

Which do you perfer:
Team Daiwa S ( green) or Light and tough?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

olds350ho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: daiwa rods

Post by olds350ho » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:36 pm

What will you be using it for?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I was just browsing BPS and just looking. I said to myself
"I don't have any of their rods",and I didn't know anyone who
did. I knew Denny Bauer was talking about how good the green
model was but I never see anyone with them around here.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:17 pm

I have 5 of their light and tough rods. Awesome, I love 'em.

hotwheels
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hotwheels » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm

I would go with the TDS, mainly the 7' MH worm Jig rod. This rod is just about all purpose. It can pitch light jigs and worms, throw traps, spinner baits and buzzbaits. I even fish top waters and jerkbaits with it.

I have heard a lot of bad things about the Tough and Light: Cork foregrip ripping and coming unglued. Also, if it is a MH or H power, if you make a hard hookset, they have a habit of snaping.

I think the TDS Rods are more durable, but I did break one last month, but daiwa gave me a new rod, it came in on Monday and took two weeks turn around.

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:19 am

Hot Wheels - I haven't had these problems with my rods, but with a 5 year warranty, Daiwa would replace them if any of these situations occured.

kmartel
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kmartel » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:07 pm

I have 10 daiwa rods and love them all. 8 light and toughs, 1 td s and a cielo. Never have broke one. the rods are a great value for the price. The MH (4 power) are very versatile rods able to handle many differant baits. I would give the 6' 6" light and tough a try and you will fall in love. Just my opinion.

adambrister
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by adambrister » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:32 pm

I've used both, but the TD-S MH in 6'6" and 7' are by far the most versatile rods in Daiwa's line up. I'm in agreement with hotwheels that the 7 footer will do just about anything I need it to. I also prefer the TD-S crankin rods, as I feel they balance better. I would however highly recommend the LT 7' H Worm/Jig rod for pitching. It's my favorite for strictly pitching presentations.