spinnerbait reels any suggestions

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
dampeoples
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: spinnerbait reels any suggestions

Post by dampeoples » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:50 pm

FearNoFish1337 wrote:if KVD isent the best SB fisherman then who is?
Van S. is, of course. The video is coming out in November, after his season slows down. Available soon on Blu-Ray DVD, stay tuned.

FearNoFish1337
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FearNoFish1337 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 pm

he definatly is not better that KVD at spinnerbaits

arbogastjunkie
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by arbogastjunkie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:58 pm

The new Alphas 150 looks like a great spinnerbait reel to me!

Charlie Tuna
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Charlie Tuna » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:04 pm

My dad can beat up your dad. No he can't, my dad can beat up your dad.

=))))

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Let me try to settle this down...the original ? is about diff reels for SB presentations. And many have given their opinions. Don't be mad because of this, it is based upon their experience.

Also, if you think that everything that KVD says is Gospel, good for you (and I am quite aware he is from MI). However, then little things like him stating that a 3000 size spinning reel is the "perfect" size bass reel must be looked at and considered as to why? Maybe he doesn't realize that 3000 size spinning reels differ between manufacturers? (Of course only Quantum is the end all be all with KVD isn't it?)

And thanx for the compliment damnpeoples...I am a self proported "very good" SB fisherman, but by no means the best as I realize that the "best" in bass fishing can be per that day, lake, tournament and never a totality in truth.

My beef is the original statement that "you guys are all idiots", is totally out of place, context and shows a lack of class and respect to others that are trying to share their experience.

BTW, other GREAT SB fishermen on the Tour or used to be on the Tour...Bill Dance, Stacy King, Gary Dobyns, Hank Parker, Jimmy Houston, Bernie Schult...just to name a few.

:peace:

FillupD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FillupD » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 am

I cast my vote for the Daiwa Fuego if I may make a suggestion for a spinnerbait reel that works well with baits > 1/2 oz. (IMO)

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:22 am

here's my opinion

I put a curado d 200 7.1:1 and a daiwa zillion burner on a G loomis spinnerbait rod with 15# big game and hands down it was the curado that I kept on fishing with. It is certainly a different feel with the zillion and I am convienced that the zillion has a place but big blades and single indian blades aren't it. Now I have the mid level revo in 6 and 7 and I am going to sell them both for $190.00 together. I hate the revo's, too much adjusting. I haven't found it's slot per say. I am thinking flipping and pitching but anyway. I don't know what it is but the revo is to touchy feely for me. Thats just me. Now I don't have all you guys custom rods and out of sight JDM reels but this I do know I have always caught bass on spinnerbaits, it wasn't until I picked up a Loomis SBR812 that my s/b fishing level reached new hieghts. With this set up I can feel everything and my catch ratio went through roof. I can't tell you about the feugo, it never really appealed to me. I have the TDA 153's that were better than one could have imagined at there price point. As a matter of fact I didn't buy them until I read a review here.
Hope this helps.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible