Chronarch B buzz

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Chronarch B buzz

Post by dustlane » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:02 pm

I just use a small screwdriver to scratch a tiny mark on each bear. I don't think it is that the same teeth mesh every time but they do mesh every few rotations. In most cases, it is not that noticeable. However, on some reels, it does make a difference. Especially on older reels that have a good amount of wear on them. A general rule of thumb for me is that if the gears are making noise, I replace them unless the customer tells me otherwise. It is a fairly inexpensive repair and the reel feels like a new one when the gears are replaced. I generally use my own stuff until it is ready to die. When I get a new reel, it feels odd to me because I am so used to my rough stuff.

Swifty
Angler
Angler

Post by Swifty » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:52 am

I thought I'd post an update, as Dan (Bantam1) sent me not one, but two sets of main/pinion gears, as well as four handle screws, free of charge... :shock:

I know being part of the Shimano corporation helps, but still I am amazed at the Shimano Fishing customer service. Way to go Dan, you rock.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:41 am

I would have done the same for any of our customers across the pond. Obtaining parts sounds pretty difficult in Europe so I sent the extra set just in case.

Glad to help out as always!