What's carolina rig?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

What's carolina rig?

Post by Fbass » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:55 am

Obviously I know what's a carolina rig but I'd like to know if anyone knows the story behind it? I mean who came up with the idea, where did it debut? yes I know but there's 2 of them!! 8-)
Also interested in any fun story or milestone concerning this fishing technique!!
ROG or anyone else???

Mizmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What's carolina rig?

Post by Mizmo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:46 pm

I’m no historian by any stretch, but I would think that it would be derived off of what Cat fisherman have used forever, but I think the drop-shot was a derivative from Crappie fishing too. From my unscientific view that is…
Sean
La Crosse, WI

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: What's carolina rig?

Post by brokeneye » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:53 pm

this is prolly/probly/probably one of those deals that ain't got just one daddy...kinda like urban legends.

50 years ago, remember fishing for cats using the weight up in shallower still waters and weight down in deeper running waters...here, there are seasoned catfishers that still live or die by one of those credos.

how it got from there to bass, i dunno...i'm guessing regional...crig sounds more of a southern deal, dropshot more of a western deal.

where's edith hamilton when you need her? :shock: