BPS Johnny Morris baitcast reel

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: BPS Johnny Morris baitcast reel

Post by dragon1 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Not just Korea, but Thailand as well.

This is how I see it...the Korean OEM reels are on par in competition vs Japanese Daiwa/Shimano as is Hyundai vs Honda/Toyota.

If one goes HIGH-END, it is akin to BMW, MB, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, etc. and the quite honestly, the Koreans don't have any real threat in this arena...same holds true in bass fishing gear.

drinva
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drinva » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 pm

John,

I think all of mine are 2005 models? My JM reels were the FIRST year they did the dual braking if that helps?

drinva

panichunter
Angler
Angler

Post by panichunter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:31 pm

I have 3 of the JMX1000H reels (pre-2005 i think) that I bought used off the auction site for $40-55. I liked them so much that I bought a new one from bass pro(06 model). I returned that reel because the casting distance was horrible out of the box. I thought I had a bad reel but the second reel did the same thing. I returned that one and bought a Crucial Rod. All I can say is I love the older models but the newer models were junk in my opinion.

Hunter