p-line cxx

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

p-line cxx

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:12 pm

I was wanting to try some of the p-line cxx xtra strong line now that i see they have it in crystal clear. I was wondering about the sensitivity on this line. I am going to be using it in heavy cover from 2 foot to 20 foot deep with texas rig worms and jigs and a lot of flipping jigs. so being i'm gonna be in heavy cover i like the abrasion resistance property but how is it on sensitivity??? I know I'm sure it's nuttin like fluoro but it's a cheaper route anyways. I was going to try some of the 15 and 17 lb test line if it isn't really thick stiff nasty line cause I never saw it before.??? Please give me some opinions about this line and tell me what u think

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: p-line cxx

Post by tj1004 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm

I use CXX for everything but deep jigs and T-Rigs, then I use Seaguar Invisx Flourocarbon. It has quite a bit of stretch to it but it has never bothered me. Abrasion resistance is one of the strong points with this line. I have also never had a problem with its sensitivity, though like I said, I really dont use it for applications where sensitivity is of the utmost importance. It also handles well. Give it a try, you should like it

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:49 pm

I fish heavy cover and I´d say that unless you are flipping into thick brush or timber go with the 15&17 cuz 12 lb is a monster line, I snagged a crank on a stump and uprooted the stump with 12 lb CXX :shock: so I must say it´s pretty dang strong, abrassion resistance ? oh yeah it is abrassion resistant, it tolerates being rubbed against mesquite trees so that says something. Sensitivity is ok, it´s very dense.

Only problem with it is that it does have more memory than a pack of elephants and handles like ..... a reata ! ~X(

Texas_bullet
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Texas_bullet » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:11 pm

My neighborhood tackle store got me to try some 10 lb. CXX. It sat around unused for a year. I finally spooled it for crankbaits. IMHO, this is a tough, strong line that you can use trip after trip. It will eventually get shredded like any line. Very strong for its rating. A little more springy than Yo-Zuri Hybrid or McCoy Mean Green, but fine for baitcasters.

TB

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:33 pm

I had some on a reel that I got from someone and its nice strong line, but as said above it had ridiculous memory to it..I tossed it and went back to other line. :?
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats