Falcon boxes.

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Midnightrun1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Falcon boxes.

Post by Midnightrun1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 pm

I finally got to see them in person at the grand opening of cabelas in Hoffman Estates, Il.

I must say they are amazing boxes with really innovative designs behind them. I did pick up the tackle organizer one for 10 bucks and that is going to make my life much easier with the weights and hooks.

How are the rest of the boxes? Just as good?

Joe

olds350ho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Falcon boxes.

Post by olds350ho » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Iam glad we finally got a cabelas here in IL, a little hard to find tho....at least for me :D.

backcast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by backcast » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 pm

I like the bait boxes even better than the tackle organizer.

Midnightrun1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Midnightrun1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:16 pm

90 to rt 59 exit. Head straight across the intersection till you see the cabelas on the right. LOL :D

olds350ho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by olds350ho » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:20 pm

I took 59 the whole way lol :D

Midnightrun1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Midnightrun1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Well from Naperville you dont have much of a choice...........LOL

Did you like the store?

I was dissapointed in the fishing section. Thought that it would be much bigger with a better selection. Just my thoughts.

Over all the store is amazing though.

olds350ho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by olds350ho » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Well I did like the store a lot but BPS has it beat. I like the fish tank they had, it is a lot better than the one in BPS boilingbrook. One Sales person told me local people caught all of thoses fish. I also liked that there where things that I could not get as BPS, like some luck Craft cranks, booyah 3/4oz and 1oz spinnerbaits. I did not like some of the sales people they seemed very fake. One of them told me they dont stock Daiwa rods because of lack of quality.......then showed me some of the cabelas IM6 lol =)))) . You are right about the Fishing Section.

-Jimmy

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:59 am

Earlier this year I went to the newest Cabela's here in WI with the sole purpose of holding, for the first time, a Kistler. I couldn't find them anywhere on the floor, so I asked an associate, and was informed that location does not stock them. Talk about bummed!!! :cry:

FillupD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FillupD » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:17 am

I have the Falcon spinner bait box and ended up using a Browning worm binder with plastic bags to separate and view my spinner baits. IMO it works better than the Falcon box but each to his own. You can store baits and couple of bags of plastics trailer tails this way.

The falcon box does store them OK, but the skirts get tangled and I really didn't like the way they snapped in and it wasn't very accommodating for smaller spinner baits.

I tried one of the boxes for topwater baits but found that plano had a better alternative also. I guess I would not give a thumbs up from MY experiences or preferences with the FTO's.

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by tj1004 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:05 am

I use about 15 different FTO boxes and like them a lot. I have all my hard baits, spinnerbaits, and hooks/weights stored in them and I really like them a lot better than the Planos I used to use. Plus they are small and dont take up any unnecessary room in the boat.

ferrysj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ferrysj » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:52 am

I am waiting for their 400 series boxes to come out before I upgrade my storage. Anyone seen those yet?

Texas_bullet
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Texas_bullet » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 pm

I love the tackle organizer box for hooks and weights because of the four latch system. The form factor of the others is not large enough to hold all of the baitmonkeys' impulse buys :P . I need the 3700 size boxes for sure. I am torn between using a wallet, Plano SB "day box", or 3700 box for my spinnerbaits. Not enough experience yet. Same problem with jigs, only moreso.

TB