why are alot of people using flurocarbon now?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
MaineFshr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: why are alot of people using flurocarbon now?

Post by MaineFshr » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:12 pm

I have found florocarbon to be the best in large rock fields. I have had my braid cut many times when deep water jigging. Florocarbon has seemed to be the best for this situation. My buddy used florocarbon as the leader of his carolina rig and has by far the least amount of snaps on the rocks with this.

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:17 am

Among all lines, braid has the least abrasion resistance and FC has the most!

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:00 am

Sledgehammer wrote:Fluro is also suppose to last longer than mono.
First of all, FC is also mono. Fishing lines are either braided or monofilament. With that said, I think what you mean is that FC lasts longer than other mono materials like nylon and copolymers, which is true. Nevertheless, I am switching back to nylon using FC leaders. That's the combination that works better for me. I reserve braided line with FC leader for special applications such as deep jigging.
---- Catch & Release -----

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 am

deepsessions wrote:I think FC telegraphs so much better than mono if not better than braid especially on slack line. When fishing deeper or clearer water this is a big advantage. I use mostly Seaguar Invizx flouro and it seems to stretch as much as good mono's and copoly's. It does last longer and is more abrasion resistant than mono. Braid lasts longer if your fishing anything other than rocks imo. With so many fish in Cali being pounded its nice to think flouro makes a difference.
I'm in complete agreement...