Scorpion or Chronarch

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Bassonly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Scorpion or Chronarch

Post by Bassonly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:59 pm

I have narrowed it down to a Scorpion Mg or a Chronarch Mg. How long does shipping usually take from Japan if I cannot find one in the States? Which one would y'all choose?
BTR Custom Lures--boonepowell.com River Slung Custom Lures--riverslung.com

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Scorpion or Chronarch

Post by Nitroman77 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Depends if the shorter handle is going to bother you and If your going to upgrade the handle in the long run. I love my scorpion MG and I dont use it enough. 8-) Shipping from Japan varies, but its been pretty quick when Ive ordered from dealers overseas. Bill has both in stock and hes ships super quick, but you cant go wrong with japantackle and others. :lol:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by tj1004 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm

I'd buy the Chronarch, but thats me. I dont care about the "JDM cool factor", and prefer longer handles, especially if you plan on using it for bottom baits. Im sure either of them would suit you equally well

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:43 am

no JDM cool factor here, just "the facts". 8-)

I use 2 MG1000's for pitching myself, and love'em. I would go with a MG1000 over the 50MG because of the external brake control. That's the only advantage, but one well worth it! 8-)

I replaced both reel handles with 85mm ZPI 4 ball bearing carbon handles.

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:31 am

Got both, the Scorpion Mg got here first long before there even was a Chronrach 50/51 Mg in the market.

I don´t bother about the 70 mm handle, got small hands so it´s never been an issue, external brake adjustment ..... good to have it if you like to tinker around with the settings .... hardly tinker with them so it makes no difference at all.

If you are in a hurry, don´t want to upgrade the handle for a longer one, seldomly play with the brake settings, get the 50/51 Mg, save shipping if you purchase it from TW and you have it at home in 2-3 days. The weight difference ( 0.3 oz ) is barely noticeable.

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:52 pm

raul wrote:Got both, the Scorpion Mg got here first long before there even was a Chronrach 50/51 Mg in the market.

I don´t bother about the 70 mm handle, got small hands so it´s never been an issue, external brake adjustment ..... good to have it if you like to tinker around with the settings .... hardly tinker with them so it makes no difference at all.

If you are in a hurry, don´t want to upgrade the handle for a longer one, seldomly play with the brake settings, get the 50/51 Mg, save shipping if you purchase it from TW and you have it at home in 2-3 days. The weight difference ( 0.3 oz ) is barely noticeable.
I agree. I also own both reels and I prefer the USDM version in this case. Also, the Chronarch is the lighter of the 2.