Need Help: Calling all Crankbait Addicts .

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Help: Calling all Crankbait Addicts .

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:52 am

deadlift wrote:Cal,
Did it cause the bait to suspend? I have generally moved the smaller SRs to be thrown on spinning now. I still have nightmares from when I was first learning to use casting gear and throwing those in spring ... and watching the cartwheels ... and the lovely bird's nests.
It's been a long time since I've thrown them Will, but I do recall it made them dive faster... makes sense that it would have made them suspend, but I was fishing them mostly in rip rap and the snag frequency and need to go in and get them, was the same whether i was using the weight or not. Just my experience from years and years ago.

Still have a box full of them, but never get a chance to tie them on anymore with all the testing gear.. lol
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Charlie Tuna
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Charlie Tuna » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:41 am

PumaJeff wrote:Don't listen to those guys above. Rapala Shad Raps are junk! 8-) :roll:
Are you kidding? This is a goto bait for me. & I think we are only a couple hours apart so we may be fishing some of the same lakes.

I have caught more smallies trolling & cranking rock piles on Erie (pelee island )with a black & silver shad rap than any other lure.

CT

deadlift
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by deadlift » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:08 am

Cal,
I feel your pain and want to help you out of your dilemma! :-({|=

Please feel free to send any tackle and baits that have not been used for a while and I will do my best to make sure that everything is still working. Really, don't thank me! I feel you are in a terrible place due to having too much gear to test. Rest assured, they will be thoroughly tested ... It's the least I can do.

Will
Amistad Tackle

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Well I went up to BPS and just picked up some Norman Baby Ns and a couple Model As just to get me by for now. Id actually like to get some of these profesionally painted and put some triple grips on them. Too bad they didnt have 3d eyes.. id just buy a ton of them and send them out if that were the case.

Stringjam
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Stringjam » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:10 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:Well I went up to BPS and just picked up some Norman Baby Ns and a couple Model As just to get me by for now. Id actually like to get some of these profesionally painted and put some triple grips on them. Too bad they didnt have 3d eyes.. id just buy a ton of them and send them out if that were the case.

You should be able to find little 3D eyes in the tackle craft section in Bass Pro. I've had to replace many an eye. ;)