2005 Review List - What Would YOU Like to See?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Bartek
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 2005 Review List - What Would YOU Like to See?

Post by Bartek » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:52 am

I would like to see review for Team Daiwa Fuego, new Chronarchs, casting reels from BSP, especially Johny Morris and Salmo crankbaits, that are now available at Cabela`s.
Best regards,
Bartek

thongchai
Angler
Angler

Post by thongchai » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Hi,

How about some reviews on the Escape series travel rods by GLoomis? Or perhaps a roundup of multi-piece travel rods?

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:45 am

Since we're back to this one how about more stuff on Musky lures especially the custom ones by Franky baits, Wiley baits, Terminator (Musky) Baits, Loke Baits, Big Fork Baits, Amma Bama Baits, Woody baits, producer (Musky) Baits , Artifact Baits, Hooker Baits
How about a review/listing of on line retailers like BPS, Cabelas, Japan tackle, specialty tackle, or discount lure guys like Jacks International, Go Fishing. , Land Big Fish etc.
More line, hook reviews
Reviews of fishing in other countries like Canada, Australia ( oooo...esp. Australia) Costa rica, Mexico, Panama, Cuba, East Coast USA ie Bluefin and Shark fishing etc
Reviews of Bass Pro shops vs Cabelas cranks, sticks topwaters and soft plastics.
How about enlisting some local correspondents ie me(shameless plug lol) in Ontario Canada for Steelhead, Salmon, Musky, Bass Pike and Walleye where I live and hammer in Australia for Barramundi, Bream, Aussie Salmon, spanish mackeral etc. With correspondents you could post way more reviews and interesting fishing articles without all having to quit your day jobs. regards Snidley ps how about an expanded tackle buy and sell, lure swap, fly swap maybe even fishing trip swaps among registered members.

jagrrich
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jagrrich » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:50 am

ripkurl wrote:Braided Line Shootout. This must include all major braided lines from the US as well as Japanese/Asian ones (especially the Varivas Avani Jigging 10/10 Max Power and Varivas Avani GT Max Power).

I've tried a few different lines (over a 2-year period) and found that they are all good when new but some deteriorate faster than the others. It is very frustrating to find out that your line is loosing it's strength/quality when you have a fish on the other end. I would like to see a braided line comparison that would help us make a better choice (based on quality/price/availability).

Merry Christmas!
AMEN!!! I vote for a Braided Line Shootout as well, or even a specialty/ super line shoot out!!

How about both??

I'd also like to see a review on some of the Cabela's Brand rods and reels.

EDIT (ADD) What about a fish finder shoot out by price??
Last edited by jagrrich on Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Arin » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:08 am

I'd like to see a review on the TDA150H and maybe a shootout between the TDA153HST and the SF Curado.

Arin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Arin » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:32 pm

Oh yeah, you should also do more line reviews! It's what connects you to the fish! Wouldnt need these $300 outfits if there wasnt line on em..

lifeofcb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofcb » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:06 pm

I guess people want to see more shootouts in general -
but thanks tt for asking, m(y) h(umble) r(equest) is

braided and fluro carbon lines (foreign and domestic)

reaction innovation lures (already know they work and they are hot hot hot right now since bassmaster just did a spill on them on their last tv show)

and more swimbait reviews (matts lures, abt lures mainly)

thanks for asking

JV

Andrew R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Andrew R » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:19 pm

Daiwa Theory spinning reel?

New lines by Sufix?

Okuma casting reels? (the ones supposed to be for Bass?)

greatbarracuda
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by greatbarracuda » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:11 pm

Shootout between TDA153HST and the SF Curado would be AWESOME.

Other things that'd be nice to see:
-Rapala X-Rap
-Shimano Crucial Casting Rods
-Anythin Lucky Craft or Strike Pro
-Zoom Fluke/Horny Toad
-all those enthusiast reviews that many of us will never be crazy enough to indulge in...doesn't hurt to dream...or slowly convince :twisted:

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:31 am

I think we all agree we like the reviews a lot, but we really would like to see are some match-ups.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:53 pm

I think, the tests and cheapest casting reels are interesting. (Such as Bando Tova).
The major request: meter and show the actual drag of all reels.

Hoss05
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Hoss05 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:57 pm

I posted when this topic was started earlier, but I have another thing I would like to see. I think it would be very helpful to make a list of the best reels that you have tested at different price differences, like what Jun does on Japantackle.com. You could go by like $50 and have the best rods and reels at the $50, $100, $150, etc.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:35 pm

Vladimir! A Bando Tova? Are you kidding. What is a Bando Tova and how would it look like on a Megabass Destroyer LOL Just pulling your leg. Snidley

fishinfool
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishinfool » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:14 pm

The thing I do not agree with the reviews is the scoring.

When a $ 400 reel gets a 9.0 score (Shimano Calais) and a $250 reel gets a 9.0 score (Shimano Chronarch 50mg) and a $150 reel gets an 8.7 score (Shimano Curado SF), as a reader, I read into this that these reels are of equal quality. Whatever sets these reels apart price wise, I am sure, also separates them apart quality wise. Why would anybody buy the $ 400 reel over the $ 250 reel or the $ 250 reel over the $ 150 reel when they get roughly the same scores? There has to be a standard 10.0. Whatever reel is a 10.0; others should be compared to it. If a $ 250 reel scored a 7.0 and a $ 400 reel scored 9.0 using this scale , I may think to myself 7.0 is good enough for me and the $ 150 difference can be spent somewhere else. This type scoring is what consumer reports uses and it is very helpful when truly comparing two or more items. As you can see, I picked all Shimano reels, so there was no comparison from one brand against another. It is not about that. When reading a review, I want to be able to tell the worst from best. Does anyone want to trade me thier new Calais for my new Curado SF?

RC
Last edited by fishinfool on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:48 pm

That is a very good point. I can see where you are coming from.