2005 Review List - What Would YOU Like to See?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2005 Review List - What Would YOU Like to See?

Post by mhood » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 pm

That's a *very* good point, but talking about "real value" can get you in trouble around here.... :roll:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

bitesize
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bitesize » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:59 pm

This is way off the topic. Check here for the ratings thread.

http://www.dealtackler.com/T3Forum/view ... ht=ratings

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:11 pm

The lack of an objective standard introduces a great deal of subjectivity and perception into comparison based reviews...and that is (I beg your pardon) quite "on topic".

I didn't know Zander was anti-Corolla :laugh1:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:48 pm

This has been discussed a number of times. Obviously a $550 TDZ Type R+ isn't going to match the TDA 153. Based on price, the TDZ is a 10, making your Corolla about a 3. How is this reasonable? The TDA is a darn good reel, especially considering its PRICE RANGE. My TDA doesn't quite match my Alphas, but I'd consider them both great reels in their price ranges.

Obviously not everyone is after the high-end tackle. The ratings of more moderately priced reels are probably very accurate when you consider the other reels in their price range.

I don't think you need to turn this into a science to learn about the product and compare it to others. Does anyone actually read the content of the reviews? That's where the true evaluation is... take a sec and appreciate what the editors actually have to say, you could learn something from their time and effort. :shock: :roll: :laugh1:

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:46 am

I accede to Hoss05 - completely.
I understand and accede to position of Zander (http://www.dealtackler.com/T3Forum/view ... ht=ratings).
In my opinion, it will be agreeed.
Simply I have noted, that not enough notice is given to cheap tackles. In inverse proportion to actual demand - by the way.
Plus: to select from best best - it is difficult; to select from good best - it is much more difficult; to select from poor... good - it is much much much

jagrrich
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jagrrich » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:24 pm

I know I already posted once but I have another point of interest since I'm in the market. FISH/DEPTH FINDERS!!

Just an idea.

Thanks for asking for our opinions.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:46 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We guage the content of the site based on what you want to see and what we think is the latest and greatest. I know a lot of what we consider to be the most "exciting" tackle falls in the high-end to premium category but I can guarantee you that you will see a lot more value to mainstream product reviewed this year. We have adjusted our editorial calender with a better balance.

Of course, for the very tackle afflicted, Cal will continue to supply plenty of hard core enthusiast product reviews for all the die hards. :lol:

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:10 pm

Hey Zander that's great. How about the idea of getting fishing reviews/stories from members from around the globe. I've seen guys from Mexico, Australia, Canada(both ends)Poland, England, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, and the eastern and southern parts of the USA post on this site. It would be great to have views and input from some of these different places. Maybe we could even have some info exchanges from fishing websites/forums from other places as well. Regards Snidley

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:00 pm

I am sorry, once again (because Snidley...).
At first: has forgotten to thank Command of a Site. Thanks!
The site is already popular in Russia, and the popularity will grow. We now often to refer on it. It is specially interesting for castingists, as in Russia the spinning prevails and not enough information on casting: on tackles etc. While a special theme in the Internet, perhaps, one - http://www.dam.ru.postman.ru/cgi-bin/fo ... 000192&p=5 .
On rodbuilding are some sites. Specially for Mark Janeck - http://forum.customrods.ru/index.php?s= ... #entry2399 .
Oh, I am almost has forgotten! - It is desirable to know Russian...

Hammer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hammer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:48 pm

Id like to thank the staff of tackle tour. Its one thing to get feedback, its another to act on it. Since you guys asked for feedback last year, Ive already noticed a great variety in the reviews, enthusiast reels, value for money reels, rods, lures, boats, and even the daiwa sealine tournament reel. Excellent work guys, keep it up.

Along with Jagrrich, I also wouldnt mind some reviews on a few more fish finders, mainly for esturary/fresh water work.

Ambassadeur
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ambassadeur » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:43 pm

Hi all,

I would of course be interested in reviews on all ABU-reels still made in Sweden :mrgreen: .

One more thing I would like to see (I think that´s just wishful thinking but I really had to mention it :wink: ):
Reviews on vintage tackle (guess what brand :whistle: ) and how the old one´s compare to the corresponding one´s (from the own and other brands) of today.

Chris

robertg
Angler
Angler

Post by robertg » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:02 pm

How about reviews on customizing ordinary fresh water bait-casters into super reels. Custom spools, gears, handles, and machined and anodized parts. How about using titanium in reels. Maybe a spot light on a custom reel smith.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:26 pm

How about a few interviews? I'd really enjoy an interview with Ito-san concerning his theories about super tuning factory reels. You could also author a few Learning Objects (that's what I do for a living) that teach us how to super tune, maintain, repair, etc. Now that most of us have broadband, there's lots of ways to exploit video to entertain and instruct.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker