BEST FROG TO USE?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Citizen Fisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: BEST FROG TO USE?

Post by Citizen Fisher » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:54 am

I just got a Bass Pro XPS frog in the Bullfrog color. Looks great very realsitic.

Hopefully the fish like it too.

I also have a water frog bigfoot

AS well as some Yum frogs.

liprpr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by liprpr » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:27 am

I used to work for Bass Pro in the fishing dept. I'm not sure if the BPS frogs are made by Spro or not, but I do know this: If you take one Spro of a certain color and compare it to another Spro, and another and another and another, all of the same color, they are identical. If you take the BPS version of the same color and compare it to the Spro of the same color, sometimes you may find a small difference in the paint, such as a very small speck that is not seen in the Spro's. Maybe the plastic is slightly deformed. Very small details that are hard to catch. All I own is the BPS frogs and the Spro King Daddy. The BPS frogs work just as good as any other frog, but that's what I have confidence in.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 pm

I have a a single frog .. its a black Spro I love using it but have yet to catch on it. I plan suck when it comes to top water.

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 am

I have a bunch of different frogs. The spro is usually works best for my situation. I usually use the normal frog color. So far no luck with the all white or all black color.

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

I am a Boze Sumo frog fan.

Jason Milligan
Angler
Angler

Post by Jason Milligan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:22 pm

I use the River2Sea Bully Wa 65. I throw black with yellow head and white with black stripes on the belly. I like the frog because it walks very well and the body collapses well for hook penetration. I have yet to try the Spro frog. I've heard a lot of good things about and plan on trying it this year. It's just tough change when you have so much confidence in a bait...
Pro Staff: Hi's Tackle Box, Damiki Fishing Tackle