Daiwa Regal Xi

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Regal Xi

Post by tonym » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:36 pm

Does anyone have any real world experience with the Regal Xi 2500 reel? It's unbelievably cheap for what you get. I know it's not in the hardbodyz series, but 10 bearings, twistbuster 2, and all the other features of the mid range daiwas. Whats to loose?

dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa Regal Xi

Post by dustlane » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 am

I have no experience with teh real on the water but I was at BPS this past weekend and checked it out. Man, that is really, really a nice reel. Especially for the price. It looks like a high end reel and, honestly, it felt as smooth, to me at least, as the Laguna or Theory. Like you said, it does not have an aluminum body but it is nice and light and I have never had any flex problems with my older Daiwa Regal. I am like you in that for the money this is one nice reel. And I believe it even comes with an extra ALUMINUM spool. Not graphite or graphite composite (whatever that is) like alot of low end reels come with. I will say that it took alot, I mean alot, of will power to keep from buying it. Not to mention the fact that my wife was with me doing everything she could to get me out of the store without spending any more $$ than I had already spent. :lol: