Airrus Co-Matrix (from Hot deals)

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Texas_bullet
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Cabelas - Airrus Co-Matrix $59.99

Post by Texas_bullet » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:57 pm

:D Yahoo! Got my 6' 6" MH Airrus Co-Matrix today, just in time for my wife to accept it from UPS. I am so busted! LOL The rod was loaded on the truck at 12:04 am and they rode it around all night and all day, just so my wife would be home to see it arrive. :oops: I told her she could have the shipping tube. What a guy! Gonna try out that bad boy this Sunday.

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:15 pm

Sweet Texas let me know what you think!

Texas_bullet
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Texas_bullet » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:47 pm

zmazefsky, you should edit your post and put a comma between "Sweet" and "Texas" before somebody gets the wrong impression. :shock: LOL!
I did most of my Lake Fork fishing with a Carolina rig on the Airrus 457 Co-Matix MH and a tuned Curado 200B. The 6' 6" length improved my casting accuracy and the soft tip loaded up to provide reasonable distance. My son and I caught and released over 40 small black bass. I never hooked a big one to stress the rod...well, I'll just have to try again. 8-)

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:06 pm

Uh-oh :oops: I think the damage is already done!

Glad you caught some fish on it. So do you like it? If you like that, you'll love the Ultra! I just got 3 new Comatrix rods from the auction I won. Looking forward to getting them on the water.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:23 pm

Z man is the titanium rod as sweet as I think it is? What are you going to use it for? Snidley

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Airrus Co-Matrix (from Hot deals)

Post by Zman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:50 pm

Man I'm really debating if I should use this rod or not. it's one of only 4 made.

But it's sweet, and would make for a great flipping rod (rated for up to 50 pound test!) It's 7 feet, and I think it would suit me well for jigs and plastic worms in heavy cover. The end cap is angled differently, totally different than new Airrus rods. It's a great looking rod too.

The other 2 are good for cranking. One is so light, might be the lightest I've held. I'll make one for cranks, I don't know what to do with the other. They're all great looksing/feeling rods though.

reelon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by reelon » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:06 pm

I too got my new co-matrix on Friday, but I had no chance to try it this weekend :cry: , but I will this one.......now I have one question how do you balance the rod?, I have a daiwa advantage and it's a bit tip heavy, I notice that you can remove the cap from the bottom, but what do you use as weight?

Texas_bullet
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Texas_bullet » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:47 am

zmazefsky...Yes, I like it. Especially at that great price! I have a 7' 6" Medium Co-Matrix that I have used in salt and fresh to toss swimbaits and Zara Spooks. With a Metanium XT mounted, the casting distance achieved with 12 lb. McCoy Mean Green is very, very good. No problem "walking the dog". I still prefer my Kistler rod for popping corks.
A Ultra would be great but it would have to be a Hot Deal to justify the purchase to She Who Must Be Obeyed. :evil:

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:19 am

Reelon I have 5 Airrus rods and for the baitcast rods I use 3ozs. of pencil lead stuck up the hole under the cap. It balances the rod perfectly for me. I don't care for weighting spin rods. I too use a daiwa advantage 150HL and I love the combination of the CoMatrix and Diawa. I've been using it this fall for chinnook salmon and looks like thats finishing now and Steelheads are starting to show up. It will be great for them as well. I will also use my CoMatrix 8' spin rod to throw #3 spinners and small spoons to the steelies (I did this in the spring this year with great success as I caught my best Steelie of the spring on the CoMatrix and a spinner. It was a 14-15lb chrommer). Lovre those Airrus extended length 1 piece rods. Snidley

reelon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by reelon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:10 pm

thanks Snidley, I will try it and see how it goes.

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:59 pm

I ordered a 7' MH spinning from cabelas AND UPS BROKE IT!!! It went from Colorado to Kentucky to Seattle Washington to my home town of Coeur D' Alene, ID. It was almost in my hands and they broke it. Leave it to UPS. This is why I always ship Fed ex.
Anyway I called Cabelas and they had already heard from *&@#$UPS and told me "Unfortunatly we are out of stock on the rods". Well at least I will be getting my money back, but I would still like to find that UPS guy and ring his neck. :evil: :evil: :evil:

reelon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by reelon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:04 pm

tonym, that is such a bad deal man.........I am so sorry for you.... :(

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:50 am

Check the airrus website. There are still some 7' MH spin rods with a Sirrus label for $53.95 Contact Ken whiting and see if he can get you replaced. Snidley

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:58 am

Oh. I'm not to concerned about it. I was just hoping to get a good deal. If I get a new Airrus I'll just pay full price, but I'm a little soured on having another rod shipped.
I went into The Sportsman Warehouse yesterday and picked up a new 2006 Shimano Compre spinning rod with the exposed blank and matched it up with a new Energy E20PTi so I'm fairly over it now. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: