Problems on Ebay with Overseas seller and Scorpion 1500 Reel

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Problems on Ebay with Overseas seller and Scorpion 1500 Reel

Post by Golferpimp1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:35 am

Ok I bit the bullet and bought two curado scorpion reels from a seller over seas. I got the reels last week and to them out to the lake. I noticed on one of them the spool is grinding a bit against something. So I emailed the seller, because they were advertised as like new and mint and excellent working condition. And one of them works perfectly, but the other is pretty aweful. Cosmetically they look great. What would you do in this situation, and I have included the email with the seller below. His feedback rating is 99.4 percent on ebay, so I was very careful in that regard.

ME:
would you please respond to me regarding the scorpion I purchased from you off of ebay. It has some mechanical problems and I would like to exchange it or work something out in order to fix the issue.
Thanks
Marcus mlcak

HIM
I don't think so. You did get very nice reel cheaper. I did check the reel well before pack the reel works very nice but it is used reel not new one so not perfect.
Thanks

ME:
, the reel is in perfect cosmetic condition. But it is not in good condition mechanically. I bought two scorpions from you, I pulled a quote from each auction that describes the working condition of the reels,1) "Like new working condition" and from the other auction 2) "Excellent working condition". Takashi, the reel doesn't work like a new reel, which is how you described it, and it certainly isn't in excellent working condition. I have 5 other used scorpion curados and this one comes no where near performing even close to these other reels including the other one I purchased from you. For example, I can only throw a 3/8th ounce crankbait about 20-25 yards with this reel, with the other scorpions I have, I can throw a weightless senko easily 40+ yards. All the reels are also on the same settings. I would appreciate it if you would take the appropriate action and either exchange the reel with me for one that is in Excellent/Like New working condition. Or refund me my money from the original purchase. I have yet to leave feedback on ebay, I'm awaiting a resolution to this problem. If need be you can contact me at (210) 288-6154.

Regards,
Marcus Mlcak

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Problems on Ebay with Overseas seller and Scorpion 1500

Post by Nitroman77 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:32 am

Have you put some oil and grease on it? Cause it could be that the reel is bone dry and the spool could also be grinding the inside of the reel. Was the seller from a company or personal gear? Id take it apart and see what is making the noise or what could be causing the lack of distance on the casts. Good luck! :lol:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Foofer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Foofer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:56 am

Was the transaction done via PayPal? If so, I think they will mediate on your behalf if the reel is not as advertised. There number is 1(888)221-1161. If anything, they will at least be able to point you in the right direction. Hope it works out for you.

Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Golferpimp1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:13 am

yeah it was via paypal. Ill have to give them a call.
Thanks

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:48 pm

i would take the spool out and grease and oil it and remove any foriegn matter i could see, and if it is still not workin i would go another route
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

bigpapajim
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bigpapajim » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:06 pm

Maybe we can start a list of crappy ebay sellers so we all dont get shafted.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 pm

bigpapajim wrote:Maybe we can start a list of crappy ebay sellers so we all dont get shafted.
I was given a negative feedback once. The guy who did so just wanted to back out on the deal but wanted to make it look like I was the problem. Another person who comes here had a similiar problem with the same guy.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:53 am

i got negitive feedback because the seller was the bad one, took him a month to send me the stuff and then it was in bad condition, and he said that i was pushy or something, but he got kicked off cause he was doin it to other people as well
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

jthmpsn112
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jthmpsn112 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:34 am

Begin the process at the Ebay resolution center, then, since you used Paypal, you will be automaticaly refered to Paypal with records at both Ebay and PayPal. Ebay owns Paypal but its good to use both in dispute resolution.

Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Golferpimp1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:29 am

UPDATE:
He is sending me two new spool bearings. Hopfully this will do the trick. If not, back to the drawing board.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:35 am

Well thats good to hear. I hope it works out for ya. Man im just not a fan of buying used stuff over the net cause you never know what your gonna get. Kinda like a box of chocolates. :P I know there are hard to find items and good deals along with great sellers, but i dunno ive stayed away.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Foofer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Foofer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 am

I must say I have had more good experiences than bad on ebay. But there is a risk involved. Always check the sellers feedback score, and read their feedback. Ask specific questions, keep your records of their answers, and hold them accountable if they aren't true to their word. I know it goes both ways because you get some dead head buyers as well. That screws the seller and perspective genuine buyers. Wouldn't be great if everyone were honest? It would make life much nicer :)

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:51 pm

Golferpimp1 wrote:UPDATE:
He is sending me two new spool bearings. Hopfully this will do the trick. If not, back to the drawing board.
I could be wrong, but I do not think this will solve your problem. It is easy to test, just take your bearings out of a good reel and put them in this one.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:51 pm

i am also not a fan of used gear, especially if i am buyin it over the new, at least if it was new, it would have been something the factory did wrong
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:43 am

Yea i dont think the bearings will help either, if its the spool grinding on the body of the reel. Good luck with it though and keep us up to date.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats