G-Blanks have arrived!

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Vaporzz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

G-Blanks have arrived!

Post by Vaporzz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:38 pm

Today I got my custom G-Blank order, and as Spiro was!! I am to, impressed!! These rods are built with a Shikari SHX blank, and are very nice and light, I ordered a 6'10 MH ex-fast BC, line 10-17, lure 1/4-3/4. and a 6'10 Med Spinn ex-fast, line 8-15 lb, line 1/4-5/8. You can get a ML blank in the spinning rod, which some guys prefer for a DS rig, but in my case I wanted more of an all purpose rod, just by the action of the Med spinn blank I know it will still make one helluva DS rig! As far as the BC rod is concerned, the action is very nice, im my opinion, its a bit softer than what rating it is givin, I prefer that rather than to stiff of an action, but thats just me. I ordered my BC rod with the full blank thru seat, Spiro's rig came with the cut seat for extra feel, you can get any seat you prefer with out an extra charge! I will post a review on how they performed on the water for me as soon as I can!!
Attachments
Rods 013.jpg
Rods 013.jpg (37.49 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
Rods 016.jpg
Rods 016.jpg (34.67 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Rods 015.jpg
Rods 015.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Rods 018.jpg
Rods 018.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Rods 017.jpg
Rods 017.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 3121 times

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: G-Blanks have arrived!

Post by SPAZ » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:07 pm

Very nice! Let us know how they feel when you fish with them.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:10 pm

Those look like some nice rods you got there. WHat price do they run for them? :lol:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Vaporzz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vaporzz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:18 pm

skeeterboy77 wrote:Those look like some nice rods you got there. WHat price do they run for them? :lol:
Skeet, the cost of the rods are $124.99 add $5 bucks for the hook hangar! These rods are nice, especially considering that they are custom made, I had my doubts before I went to order them, I thought myself it was to good to be true, not anymore!! ;)

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:19 pm

Vap,

Any way you can actually measure the weight of the rods?

Vaporzz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vaporzz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:52 pm

I will try tomorrow Spiro, going to see if my buddy still has a digital scale!

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:28 pm

Nice. I'm in the process of talking with Larry right now about a customrod. It's like the spinning model you have there, but with some modifications.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:31 pm

They look really nice. What a great price for the top end blank from Shikari and custom to boot. If that was a GLX or Premier Elite or Kistler blank the rod would be $300 minimum. The workmanship looks first rate as well. They must be making other rodbuilders nervous. Snidley

Vaporzz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vaporzz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:52 pm

Tony, I guess your going to be the next member of the G-Blank family! :lol: Believe me you wont regret it, Larry puts us the customer 1st and foremost, just like it should be! and George is one good rod builder! I myself will be ordering another rod this week ;)...... Oh by the way Tony, I bet you end up with more than 1 rod :big grin:

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:53 pm

Vaporzz wrote:Tony, I guess your going to be the next member of the G-Blank family! :lol: Believe me you wont regret it, Larry puts us the customer 1st and foremost, just like it should be! and George is one good rod builder! I myself will be ordering another rod this week ;)...... Oh by the way Tony, I bet you end up with more than 1 rod :big grin:
The way I'm going I bet your right :lol: Everything I read about these rods how can a guy go wrong. Their inexpensive and sound to be ultra sensitive. The rod I talked to Larry about will be built on the spinning model 2nd from left in the pic on their site only I want it with cork in the middle of the reel seat instead of open, no cork on the front of the reel seat, but cork on the back of the reel seat in a 7' medium/fast 2pc. Who knows. Maybe I'll trade in my St. Croix's for these. :shock:

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:15 am

they look very nice and look well made, congrats i may have to look into some myself :lol:
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels