Chronarch Help

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Chronarch Help

Post by D.R. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:19 pm

I won't to change out the handles on my CH100B's with Ch100BPV handles. How do you get them off. I like the feel of the BPV handles better than the B's.
I have been fishing for 53 years and this is the first time I have owned a reel that I can't field strip like an M-16 (complete).

D.R.

Paul Shibata
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Chronarch Help

Post by Paul Shibata » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:23 pm

DR,

The new chronarch "B" series incorporates the new style hidden handle nut. As such the handle nut must first be accessed by removing the 2 small philips screws which secure the handle nut plate situated underneath the handle. Following this the handle nut can be removed ultimately enabling your handle swap.

Ive attached the link to the schematic page on the shimano site.

Good luck,

Paul Shibata

Chronarch B Schematic

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:10 am

Paul,

Thank you. If I would have looked a little closer to the reel or paper work, I would have seen that.

Thank you
D.R.

P.S. It is going to be sunney and 70 deg. today. I will have my Triton in Lake Nasworthy by noon. My 9 year old grandson is itching to try out the curado / 66 m compre setup he got for xmas. He loves his grandpa.
Again thank you.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daleo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:29 am

Yo DR, so should your grandson love his grandfather, a curado on a compre ! and heading out in a Triton under Texas skies. You wouldn't want another grandson, say 51 yrs old, would ya. :lol: Enjoy your day, and your grandson, they don't stay young long.

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:13 am

I changed out the handles last night. To remove the handles, you only need to remove the 2 screws. The nut and handle retainer stay in place.

D.R.

P.S. My grandson and I had a blast yesterday. He got to play with his new setup and I got to test (play) with my new Crucial 6'8"xm. This is one sweet rod.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle