triple fish fishing lines

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

triple fish fishing lines

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:24 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had tried using the Triple Fish Ultra Viz on a baitcaster for bass fishing such as cranks jigs and worms. If I understand right the line is hi viz above water and invisible underwater am I right?? Just let me know about that subject and what people think about this line. I was also wondering about the Triple Fish RX Spinning Line specialty for spinning reels I see it advertised on outdoor channel an awful lot I was just wondering if it was any good or not. I am an avid tournament fisherman in Central Illinois still young but I'm gettin there I think. I have tried many different lines expensive and cheap and I honestly have to saw along with a lot of my buddies BPS Excel Line is the best and a low price, but the Triple Fish is also priced low and I like the sound of the Hi-Viz but invisible underwater. Let me know what you all think about this line if you can please any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

lmartinez
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: triple fish fishing lines

Post by lmartinez » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:52 pm

illinoisbassfishin i use to use the triple fish good line but if you want thetoughest co-polymer try some izorline platinium its priced right and very tough i use the 12 lb test on all my reels and i have fished some heavy cover with it and it has always have came through check it out you wont be disapointed len

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:18 pm

illinoisbasser, I'm not much of a line watcher but I do know the Ultra Viz and the camo lines are awesome lines as far as abrasion resistance, strenght and longetivity are concerned. They are both the same lines but different colors to meet the needs of line watchers or non line watchers. One thing I have done is switched over to Triplefish's fluorocarbon line and it is also priced right compared to other fluorocarbons on the market. With the sensativity of fluorocarbon you line watching days are over :). If your stuck on nylon mono the camo/ultra viz line are the deal. If you want to try something else and experiment (if you haven't already) triplefishe's fluorocarbon is probably the best value in the fluorocarbon lines!

T Mike

Canbass
Angler
Angler

Post by Canbass » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:55 pm

Illinoisbassfishin,
I haven't fished Triple fish family of lines, so no comment, but if your looking for an excellent hi-vis style of line, give PLine CX Premium or X-STRA Strong a try. CX Premium is a copolymer with a fluorocarbon coating. It comes in hi-vis or moss green, its very limp. X-STRA Strong is a copolymer, that is VERY abrasion resistant. It comes in a hi vis or even a floroesent yellow. I use the CX Premium on spinning reels, and lighter baitcasting reels, up to 15lb, The X-STRA Strong is the line I use mainly for heavier applications,eg. spinnerbaits, flippin'. I really like the hi-vis for flippin'. These lines come in 300 yrd spools up to 3000 yrds. I don't beleive you'll have problem with the hi vis under water. I fish LOTS of gin clear water, here in Canada, both for SM and LM, sight fishing when needed and haven't seen a problem.

Hope this helps,
Craig

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Im not sure triple fish is really all that much of a bargain. TW has the triple fish for 9.99 for 125 yard of 15lb. You can buy Pline PURE Flourocarbon in 15lb 250 yard for 16.99. Im sure if you like it then its pretty good stuff i just dont think its much of a bargain. The Pline PURE Flourocarbon is really good stuff.
I give another vote for CX its a great line just remember its coated flourocarbon line so it will wear off after heavy use.
Last edited by illini on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:49 pm

illini Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: triple fish fishing lines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure triple fish is really all that much of a bargain. TW has the triple fish for 9.99 for 125 yard of 15lb. You can buy Pline Flouro in 15lb 250 yard for 16.99. Im sure if you like it then its pretty good stuff i just dont think its much of a bargain. The Pline Flourocarbon is really good stuff.
I give another vote for CX its a great line.

The Pline Flourocarbon is great line, and cost 7.99-8.99 for 300yds!!!

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:06 am

Guys, If your referring to the P Line CX. Thats a copolymer fluorocarbon and not a 100% fluoro. BIG HUGE Difference between a 100% fluoro and a copoly. Copoly fluoro equals more stretch and more visibility and several other issues vs a straight up 100% fluoro.

T Mike

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:52 am

illini wrote:Im not sure triple fish is really all that much of a bargain. TW has the triple fish for 9.99 for 125 yard of 15lb. You can buy Pline PURE Flourocarbon in 15lb 250 yard for 16.99. Im sure if you like it then its pretty good stuff i just dont think its much of a bargain. The Pline PURE Flourocarbon is really good stuff.
I give another vote for CX its a great line just remember its coated flourocarbon line so it will wear off after heavy use.
http://www.triplefish.net

Go check out the prices on the Triple Fish site. I got a 3000yd spool for $34 shipped.

I used to use PLine and thought it was good other than the price and the memory. I started using the 15# TF for plastics,jigs and spinnerbaits 2 years ago and it'll take an incredible line to get me to switch. Tough stuff and low stretch. It has memory, but nothing like the PLine. The 15# TF handles like the 12# CXX.

If you need clear or hi-viz I'm pretty sure you have to order it from TF's site. I only see the camo line on other websites.

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:07 am

T Mike,

I believe we are not talking strictly Fluorocarbon lines. This topic was HiViz which is not pure Fluorocarbon and you can not get 3000yds for 35 bucks (more like $150)

I fish most of the year in gin clear water, and I have not noticed any difference in number of bites when using P-Line Fluoroclear versus any other pure fluorocarbon line in diameters 4-12lb (0.18-0.31mm diameter). The only difference is overall better performance of PFluoroclear line compared to pure fluorocarbon, and 400-500% lower price.

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:19 am

sorry shtuka i am the one that started this thread and t mike is right go to triple fish. net and a 1lb spool which is 3300 yards is 35.35 dunno what it would be with shipping added but it woudln't be anywhere close to know 150 bucks so check up things u are talkin about before u post them cause 150 bucks isn't even close for the hi viz line

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:20 pm

shtuka wrote:T Mike,

I believe we are not talking strictly Fluorocarbon lines. This topic was HiViz which is not pure Fluorocarbon and you can not get 3000yds for 35 bucks (more like $150)

I fish most of the year in gin clear water, and I have not noticed any difference in number of bites when using P-Line Fluoroclear versus any other pure fluorocarbon line in diameters 4-12lb (0.18-0.31mm diameter). The only difference is overall better performance of PFluoroclear line compared to pure fluorocarbon, and 400-500% lower price.
I apologize I didn't read thru your post very well. It was I (not Mike) that stated you could buy the TF for $34. I'm talking about the Perlon line, not Florocarbon. The PLine Floroclear is a copolymer with a Florocarbon coating, not 100% Florocarbon.

To the thread starter I stand by what I said about Triple Fish line, if you're looking for an abbrasion resistant, low stretch, relatively low memory line for a cheap price Triple Fish is tough to beat.

I'll let you guys argue about the Florocarbon. I only use 8# on my spinning outfit fishing 1/8-1/4 oz jigworms. It's pretty easy to lose contact with the 1/8oz head in water deeper than 10', so I like having the more sensitive Floro.
Last edited by Jason Penn on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 pm

yea i have tried the pline flouroclear many of times and didn't like it with worms it would always twist up wrap around the tip of the rod all kinds of stuff for the price its not worth it. I may just stick with the excel monofilament but my buddy that fishes big tournaments in the red man tour that swears on the excel had a guy at a fishing expo give him some rx spinning and hi viz and he thought it was better than the excel so I just thought i would try it sine its priced right around the same.

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:34 pm

another thing i can't figure out about the ultra viz line and im not saying its not possible cause i have the slightest idea but how do they get that fluorescent yellow, green, red and clear are invisible underwater thats kinda confusing to me but i dunno if its good line its good line i guess like i said my buddy used to swear on excel monofilament and now he says that since he started using triple fish he would never switch back to excel

IRAX
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by IRAX » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:48 pm

hey all just my opinion and experience, i just tried some of the tripple fish camo perlon mono 8lb, didnt like it, to my standards it had alot of memory, and it's castability, manageability had lots to be desired. but it is very strong and abrasion resistant i'll give it that..... :roll: guess you get what you pay for so i cant complain. but to those of you who like a very low memory and limp castable line i wouldnt go with tripple fish

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:49 pm

Illibasser, To answer your questions about the visibility of Ultra viz line under water. I looked at their site and I don't see where they claim the ultra vis to be invisible or less visible under water. Ultra viz serves the same purpose as gold colored line or lime green line. It helps you see your line. I have used this line in muddy and stained water with clients to get them to not only feel for bites but to watch for bites. It's just an option for you if your a die hard line watcher or just someone who doesn't want to strain their vision to see their line.

Now pertaining to the issue of a copoly fluorocarbon line. If you want the MOST sensative and LEAST visible line possible your not getting that with the copoly fluorocarbon lines period! I'm not saying you won't catch fish on a copoly fluoro line because you will. But fluorocarbon coated line doesn't give you the same properties as 100% fluorocarbon. 100% fluoro will have less stretch than your copoly fluoros and LESS visibility. What that means to me is I can detect more subtle bites fishing my dropshot in 50ft of water and I will have less stretch properites which will aid me in setting the hook on a bait in 50ft of water or at the end of a 50 yd cast. Thats just one example of hundreds that I could give. There are too many advantages of 100% fluoro for me to discuss here. SO I wrote an article on the subject to better explain the advantages AND disadvantages of Fluorocarbon. Here is the article.

http://www.westernbass.com/nevada/libra ... ml?id=2461