Edwin Evers (BPS PRO QUALIFIER BAITCASTER)

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
robass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Edwin Evers (BPS PRO QUALIFIER BAITCASTER)

Post by robass » Mon May 08, 2006 11:19 pm

i see on ESPN that edwin evers uses BPSpro qualifier reels . i own 2 of these and find that they are not as smooth as what i would of liked .my question is ,are his reels supertuned or are they custom made . would of thought that a pro (sponsored by BPS) would use a johnny morris etc.

bCody
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Edwin Evers (BPS PRO QUALIFIER BAITCASTER)

Post by bCody » Mon May 08, 2006 11:55 pm

I wonder if he uses them when his money is on the line, or just filming the Sunday fishing show. Gotta make people think there the best on TV you know.
I also watched the "Bass Pro Shops Fishing" show, and they all (Edwin Evers, Rick Clunn) use BPS stuff on the show. But not KVD, he still uses quantum reels!! He's still trying to keep it real, or reel. lol :lol:

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 am

ha ha, good one cody.. :roll: LOL...just kiddin.

a buddy of mine has a pro qualifier and likes it. but for the price, i would spend $20 more and get a trion.

justin

termigator
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by termigator » Tue May 09, 2006 10:35 am

KVD uses Quantum reels because Quantum pays him to use their rods and reels. I'm sure his contract with his sponsors lists certain things he has to promote and nothing else because there might be a conflict of interest. I doubt KVD promotes Bass Pro's plastics and spinnerbaits because Strike King pays him to promote their's

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 am

termigator wrote:KVD uses Quantum reels because Quantum pays him to use their rods and reels. I'm sure his contract with his sponsors lists certain things he has to promote and nothing else because there might be a conflict of interest. I doubt KVD promotes Bass Pro's plastics and spinnerbaits because Strike King pays him to promote their's
Yeah but the flip side of that is when you're KVD if you don't like something from your sponser, you can probably get them to change it. You and me just have to spend more money looking for what we do like! :lol: