Keitechs New Swim Jig

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Keitechs New Swim Jig

Post by Derek777 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

used the swimjigs for a few weeks now.
my impressions are good. theyre more of a big fish bait, especially with the fat swing impact used as a trailer. its a big attractive bite with some sexy action.
the screw holder works great. ive went through a few fish without having to put on another trailer. the skirt is very durable as well and holds up nicely.
all in all id say they were worth the cash and ill be getting more.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 am

Derek777 wrote:used the swimjigs for a few weeks now.
my impressions are good. theyre more of a big fish bait, especially with the fat swing impact used as a trailer. its a big attractive bite with some sexy action.
the screw holder works great. ive went through a few fish without having to put on another trailer. the skirt is very durable as well and holds up nicely.
all in all id say they were worth the cash and ill be getting more.
x2 i own 5 right now and bluegill is my favorite color.

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:54 pm

ttownrunner
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by ttownrunner » Sun May 08, 2011 9:17 pm

It sounds like a great bait. I picked up a few this week in Osaka, Japan. Hopefully I'll have the chance to use them soon

T

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed May 11, 2011 2:25 pm

I picked one up to try and can honestly say I was pretty disappointed in it. It catches grass pretty good and after a few casts, the Swing Impact falls off the keeper after each cast. I didn't catch a fish on it before I had to switch the Swing Impact trailer because it was simply coming in sideways.

I find nothing special about them besides a cool looking design that isn't really that great. I'd much prefer a screw lock than the push pin keeper.

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Mine swims great! I have yet to catch one on it yet due to really tough fishing conditions the last few weeks.
MegabassUSA.com

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 am

legendaryyaj wrote:I picked one up to try and can honestly say I was pretty disappointed in it. It catches grass pretty good and after a few casts, the Swing Impact falls off the keeper after each cast. I didn't catch a fish on it before I had to switch the Swing Impact trailer because it was simply coming in sideways.

I find nothing special about them besides a cool looking design that isn't really that great. I'd much prefer a screw lock than the push pin keeper.
are you sure youre fishing the keitech swim jig? it comes with a screwlock keeper.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:14 pm

There is no push pin keeper on the keitech. Unless you are pushing the trailer in instead of screwing it on then i can understand why you keep loosing them :lol: For me the screw holds a lot better than a screw wire keeper.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 am

LOL!

After looking at it again, I guess it is a screw lock. I was just pushing it in as that's what first dawned on me when I saw it. Im used to the spring style screw locks. I just took it out of the package on the lake and tied it on and started chucking it.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat May 21, 2011 4:15 pm

legendaryyaj wrote:LOL!

After looking at it again, I guess it is a screw lock. I was just pushing it in as that's what first dawned on me when I saw it. Im used to the spring style screw locks. I just took it out of the package on the lake and tied it on and started chucking it.
Come on Vince! ;) I grabbed some too and it swims great through weeds. No hits yet tho.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Their shakey heads are made the same way and they are awesome !!!!!!!

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Ha ha Ha Legend I lost three of the shakey heads by just pushing on the worm like you did and destroyed almost a whole bag of finesse worms. I am such a knucklehead !!!!!! But I am glad I wasn't the only one who didn't get it !!!