Northstar jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Northstar jigs

Post by falcon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 am

Just want to let you guys know about these. TW just started carrying them and I bought a few. For 2.99 these jigs are awesome and hand tied. The swim jig is real nice and has a nice small soft weed guard that favors the northern style.

The head detail isn't the best but no complaints as I'm not one that cares about weight being colored. Also they have mustad hooks and boy I never felt a mustad this freaking sharp they must hand sharpen these.
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

RIK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Northstar jigs

Post by RIK » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 am

Northstar has been quietly getting a very loyal following in Minnesota, where they're made. Extremely well made baits in some great colors, and the owner's a class act besides. His "hairy craw" bucktail/rubber combo jigs are excellent cold water baits. His website's worth checking out (northstarbaits.com)

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Damn good jigs for a freaking good price. I hand made jigs until I fished these.

stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stykbowslim » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:19 am

Just purchased some Northstar Finesse jigs, great craftsmanship! Will absolutely buy from again...

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:31 am

They look good! They're very similar to my favorite (Brovarney), and I'll definitely order some on my next TW order. I usually need a few stocking stuffers to get into the free shipping. :D
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 am

Looked for an Arkie-type of head, but they are either not available, or not carried at TW.

I like the mix of bucktail and silicone on some of the jigs, but the mix is apparently not on all their types of jigs. At least the mix is not described in all of the types.

River Rat316
Angler
Angler

Post by River Rat316 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Only the ones marked hair jig are hair jigs, there is standard silicone jigs that TW is now carrying. On the website www.northstarbaits.com there is Arky jigs in both hair and silicone and just hair, but TW does not carry them

wsmith
Angler
Angler

Post by wsmith » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 pm

These are the only jigs(standard and swimming) that I will buy now. The premeirs use the the owner deep throat hook which has an amazing bend for holding trailors on. I cant say enough for their customer service and quality!!! GREAT PRODUCT!