anyone compare these two jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
jchez444
Angler
Angler

anyone compare these two jigs

Post by jchez444 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:16 pm

am restocking up the jig collection and was wondering if you guys have compared the omega jigs vs the dirty jigs. both seem of good quality, was just wondering if anyone had any hands on experience with them. thanks

zmanlane
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: anyone compare these two jigs

Post by zmanlane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

jchez444 wrote:am restocking up the jig collection and was wondering if you guys have compared the omega jigs vs the dirty jigs. both seem of good quality, was just wondering if anyone had any hands on experience with them. thanks
omega jigs are good as well as dirty jigs, but the real difference i see between them is the durability. I have tried both swim jigs, and the dirty jigs are the winner in my book.

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Like them both. However dirty jigs have colors that match my locale better. Also for flipping it seems like the dirty jigs head come through cover better fr me.

carter
Angler
Angler

Post by carter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 am

I have not tried Omegas but Dirty Jigs are the only jigs I use. I searched high and far for jigs with quality components, durability, complex colors and availability and landed on Dirty Jigs. I use the No Jack Flipping and HP flipping models. The No-Jack hook is insanely strong and the head design sheds grass and weeds when flipping. I prefer the HP for flipping/casting around wood/laydowns. It comes over wood with fewer hang ups and its hook is still pretty sturdy, but lacks the crowbar strength of the No-Jack. My go to colors for flipping are "The Go-to" and Black and Blue, but when I swim the No-Jack I use Bayou Bluegill and Pumpkinseed Bream. The colors are phenomenal and have a depth that gives them a much more lifelike presentation underwater.
Judging from appearance only, Omegas do not look as sturdy as Dirty's offerings. I am not a fan of the bend of hook they use either. I prefer a round bend, straight shank for my jigging purposes. I realize that this is more of an endorsement for dirty jigs than a comparison, but I am not bashful about being a biased, fan boy for dirty jigs. :lol:

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:04 am

the omegas seemed to pick up weeds like crazy and drove mw crazy one day and I haven't tied one on since

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

dirty jigs have the best colors, can match anything a bass might eat. i tie my own jigs and try to replicate their colors. head wise don't know but it seems like everyone that's posted likes rollin Dirty that's just stupid sorry :lol:

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:26 pm

zmanlane wrote:
jchez444 wrote:am restocking up the jig collection and was wondering if you guys have compared the omega jigs vs the dirty jigs. both seem of good quality, was just wondering if anyone had any hands on experience with them. thanks
omega jigs are good as well as dirty jigs, but the real difference i see between them is the durability. I have tried both swim jigs, and the dirty jigs are the winner in my book.
How is the dirty jig a winner in the durablity category? It's not even hand tied and that plays the biggest part in my jig buying decision as the skirt is the most important part IMO. Having a discombobulated skirt after a few fish is annoying especially when you buy it because the colors look nice when its still together.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cadman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm

legendaryyaj wrote: How is the dirty jig a winner in the durablity category? It's not even hand tied and that plays the biggest part in my jig buying decision as the skirt is the most important part IMO. Having a discombobulated skirt after a few fish is annoying especially when you buy it because the colors look nice when its still together.
I'll have to agree with legendaryyaj,
If it's not hand tied just stay home. That's the reason I got into making my own jigs because of the crappy jigs and spinnerbaits out there with skirts loosening up and sliding down the hook shank or skirts falling apart after several fish.

Dale Meddock
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dale Meddock » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 am

Why is everyone always harping about jigs not being hand -tied? Someone is tying these jigs and this adds to the cost at the store. Noboby works for zero and it takes a little time to tie.

I tell you some of the finest jigs are not tied. But with just a little Power Pro braid or nylon thread any fisherman can tie their own.

Fishermen are always wanting hand tied and i agree. Find the best best jigs using hook quality, jig design and your skirt color choices.

I just wonder how many of you that have not been in the jig manufacturing business?
Would you Hand Tie Jigs for yourself?
Maddoglures

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:30 am

Why not harp about hand tied when you are already paying premium for a jig that isn't premium? Makes perfect sense to me.

I have started to make my own jigs and I tie all mine. All I'm saying is that any jig or spinnerbait made with a band to hold the skirt on shouldn't be classified as durable and cost as much as they do. Jigs are cheap to make if you are making them so I don't see the point of selling a banded jig for $5+ and then getting upset when people point that out. It's a complete ripoff because it's not even worth it.

I'm all about being efficient on the water and having to mess with my skirt to make it look all pretty again is a waste. Time is money.

The jig making business is like any other business. Pleasing your customers. I don't sell my jigs but I know for a fact if I wanted to make it my source of income, I'd do my best to make it what my customers want and are looking for at a affordable price. Seeing as to what prices are today for jigs, it shouldn't be that hard.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cadman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

legendary,
I have to agree with you. I do hand tie all of my jigs and spinnerbaits and I also sell each and everyone of them as a sideline. I would not sell someone a jig or a spinnerbait with a rubber collar. I got into this business because of all the crap out there, so I'm not going to sell something with my name on there that looks like all the other crap. I take too much pride in my work and quality and want happy customers. So if you must pay $5 a jig at least get the best you can and get your money's worth. This is just my opinion.

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

I like the omega custom tackle jigs, I havent had any problems with the hooks like some jigs I have in the pasted. I have found that the skirts are very durable as well.

Painter1
Angler
Angler

Post by Painter1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I bought a bunch of Omega at a good price but found that they don't work real well for me at at Tablerock. Just haven't had good luck with them and I'm not wild about the skirts.