Big swimjig rec and trailer

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Big swimjig rec and trailer

Post by Pegasus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:27 am

I BOUGHT A COUPLE OF KRYPTON JIGS THEY SOUND LIKE THE ITEM YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND TAKE A LOOK. THE GUY WILL USE A MIX OF STANDARD SKIRT MATERIAL AN LIVING RUBBER AND TIE THEM WITH A METAL WIRE.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am

Warbaits are not hand tied but I haven't really had issues with the band they use.

I think both the Dirty Jigs and Warbaits are good options. A custom bait will end up being better and, at the price they sell those swimjigs, should cost you around the same amount.

kckid3
Angler
Angler

Post by kckid3 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:07 pm

North Star Flip and Swim and would use Reaction Innovations Skinny Dipper for a trailer.

Cisco
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cisco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 am

X6 for the dirty jigs CA swimjig! Just got back from El Salto and slayed it on the citus shad pattern jit. But I paired mine with the jackall ammonite shad. It out produced robo ez shads, money minnows, basstrix, and Berkeley hollow bellies. Hands down the jackall was the best producing trailer at El Salto last week.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 am

Wire is nice but the rubber bands on my Dirty Jigs haven't snapped on me yet. I own a California swim jig from the first week of release and have gone through about 20 football and finesse swim jigs without any band degradation issues.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:17 am

I also prefer the Warbaits swimjig as well as the Scrounger, both used with a Bass Pro look a-like Skinny Dipper (a Super Fluke in both the std. and jr. sizes with swimming tail work even better, just mount the fluke upside down with the hook slot facing up). I haven't had any issues with the bands failing on the Warbaits either. On the Warbaits I'll also add a very small snap swivel and willow blade right below the hook barb (pinch the swivel loop if necessary to prevent it from coming back over the barb as necessary) without the trailer and fish it that way. I really like the Scroungers because of the vibration element they provide (like a chatterbait). On cheaper jigs that I have had problems with the bands failing I just give them a couple whips of kevlar thread (archery serving thread, could also use high quality 10# braid line) finished with a drop of Crazy Glue and they last a god awful long time and you don't have to worry about corrosion of any wire.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:42 pm

That is easy try a Krypton swim Jig they have a wide gap hook

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Anyone ever fish a big soft frog body trailer on their big swimjigs?