zoom trick worm, float or sink?

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

zoom trick worm, float or sink?

Post by crankmaniac » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Last week i was getting a tough day on the water, the water was cold and nothing was working not event my trusty 4" and 5" wacky senko, so i decide to try different thing and finally end up with a wacky rigged zoom trickworm that finally have give me a couple of bite probably because of the slower fall than the senko.Back home i start checking some information on the zoom trickworm and realize that this worm is suppose to float, mine sink.I event learn on you tube that some trick worm have salt and sink and other dont have salt and float.Is there a recent change in the trickworm that i dont known or what?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: zoom trick worm, float or sink?

Post by smalljaw » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 pm

I never had a trick work that floated, they may float without a hook I never checked but when using them they sink. The thing is they sink slow, so if you work it with the rod almost like a fluke, it will stay up in the water column. Even the models with salt, which is what I prefer, sink slow, it is due to the fact the worm is thin and most are 6" or slightly less, the ones that I use are anyway but the deal with them is more about profile.

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:44 am

smalljaw wrote:I never had a trick work that floated, they may float without a hook I never checked but when using them they sink. The thing is they sink slow, so if you work it with the rod almost like a fluke, it will stay up in the water column. Even the models with salt, which is what I prefer, sink slow, it is due to the fact the worm is thin and most are 6" or slightly less, the ones that I use are anyway but the deal with them is more about profile.
How could you known that it is the salt version or the original version before you buy it ? I always see on Zoom bag "the original trick worm".

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm

crankmaniac wrote:
smalljaw wrote:I never had a trick work that floated, they may float without a hook I never checked but when using them they sink. The thing is they sink slow, so if you work it with the rod almost like a fluke, it will stay up in the water column. Even the models with salt, which is what I prefer, sink slow, it is due to the fact the worm is thin and most are 6" or slightly less, the ones that I use are anyway but the deal with them is more about profile.
How could you known that it is the salt version or the original version before you buy it ? I always see on Zoom bag "the original trick worm".
The salt version isn't a zoom, it is the exact same from a hand pour but it has salt added. The Zoom trick worm as I said, it will slow sink but if you want it to almost suspend you can rig it on a 2/0 light wire hook, if it is too light to cast to the spot you want to fish then add a swivel about 12" above the worm.

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 am

smalljaw wrote:
crankmaniac wrote:
The salt version isn't a zoom, it is the exact same from a hand pour but it has salt added. The Zoom trick worm as I said, it will slow sink but if you want it to almost suspend you can rig it on a 2/0 light wire hook, if it is too light to cast to the spot you want to fish then add a swivel about 12" above the worm.
Ok, thanks for the reply. 8-)

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 am

zoom trick and finesse worms r extremely inconsistent. u can get a pack and some will float while others will not. check it out for yourselves

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 pm

I use Trick Worm a lot, best worm IMHO. Always carry several bags in different colors. Yes, they are inconsistent. Some of them are tail up on a shaky head, some not, but all of them are sinking, never seen a Trick worm floating on surface.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Cracker wrote:I use Trick Worm a lot, best worm IMHO. Always carry several bags in different colors. Yes, they are inconsistent. Some of them are tail up on a shaky head, some not, but all of them are sinking, never seen a Trick worm floating on surface.
sry let me clarify my statement...when I say inconsistent and "float/sink" I meant tail up or tail down.