Compact spinnerbait

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Compact spinnerbait

Post by Bassmar » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 am

21farms wrote:
toddmc wrote:Have you or anyone else fished this bait? It looks does look compact in the picture and description.
i have some NIP at home. they are very compact. i'll try to post up some comparison pics tonight to show relative sizes.

Thanx that would be great. If it is indeed compact then this could be the closest thing to the discontinued Terminator Classic. :D Small heavy head and a compact profile. Pity the wire is not titanium. :(

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:18 am

Bassmar wrote:
21farms wrote:
toddmc wrote:Have you or anyone else fished this bait? It looks does look compact in the picture and description.
i have some NIP at home. they are very compact. i'll try to post up some comparison pics tonight to show relative sizes.

Thanx that would be great. If it is indeed compact then this could be the closest thing to the discontinued Terminator Classic. :D Small heavy head and a compact profile. Pity the wire is not titanium. :(
Some of the super stainless wire now is pretty good. The wire on Terminator's Super Stainless baits has lasted as long as their Titanium in a lot of cases for me. The problem with titanium is that if the head is poured incorrectly, you can't usually tune it to run properly. Also, you can't open or close a titanium wire form to allow your bait to be burned or slow-rolled.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:06 am

toddmc wrote:
Bassmar wrote:
21farms wrote:

Some of the super stainless wire now is pretty good. The wire on Terminator's Super Stainless baits has lasted as long as their Titanium in a lot of cases for me. The problem with titanium is that if the head is poured incorrectly, you can't usually tune it to run properly. Also, you can't open or close a titanium wire form to allow your bait to be burned or slow-rolled.
Yes and the titanium frames are definately not indestructable as the manufacturers liked to claim. I lost a good fish last month when the titanium wire of a Terminator Classic broke in the R bend. Just the wire with the blades was still attached to the line. Only 2 Classics left. :(

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:28 am

Bassmar wrote:
toddmc wrote:
Bassmar wrote:
21farms wrote:

Yes and the titanium frames are definately not indestructable as the manufacturers liked to claim. I lost a good fish last month when the titanium wire of a Terminator Classic broke in the R bend. Just the wire with the blades was still attached to the line. Only 2 Classics left. :(
It is painful when this happens because you know that they can't be replaced :cry: . I'm out of the double silver willow and I only have two with the Colorado/Willow combo.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:00 pm

eco pro rapid fire tungsten spinnerbait, 1/2-ounce

just opened one up...man, these things are tiny

as you can see, no weight on the hook, just a plain shank

below a 1/2-ounce terminator T-1

compared to a 1/2-ounce nichols pulsator

even more compact than the screamin' eagle 1/2-ounce which has the hidden weight system

and even smaller than this other tungsten spinnergbait which is only 3/8-ounce

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanx for posting the photos 21 Farms. Exactly what I needed to see. And no hidden weight covering half the hook :D. Added to my long TW Black Friday shopping list. :lol:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 am

This bait looks like it could be the 'deal". That also looks like a Worth swivel.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:19 am

toddmc wrote:This bait looks like it could be the 'deal". That also looks like a Worth swivel.
x2 =D>

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 am

Bassmar wrote:Added to my long TW Black Friday shopping list. :lol:
how funny, i have about a half dozen in my TW black friday shopping list too (too bad TW still won't implement a wishlist or 'saved cart' feature!).

i forgot to mention...straight from the package, the hook was sticky sharp...hung on my thumbnail without needing to be honed first. i was also impressed with the 3D eyes but i sure wish they were offered in more colors...like red or a bluegill finish.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 am

Quality blades...nice! Even some of the customs I use from Dale, the War Eagles and others use cheapo blades that will dull or chip on the finish.

One think I like about the older Nichols is the blade quality (likely original Hildebrandts before the buyout).

Thanks for sharing!

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 am

do they come with painted blades like the pulsator pictured above?

painted blades, especially the black with blue flake, or black with red flake, is where it's at!!!

Boondock
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Boondock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Great thread! Eco looks like a sweet bait for spots and smallies
Wish they had a few more blade and skirt combos

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:do they come with painted blades like the pulsator pictured above?
every retailer i've checked only has the same four colors :( eco pro doesn't even have the rapidfire spinnerbaits on their own website yet. hopefully, they'll expand their offerings. $8 for a tungsten spinnerbait and quality components is just what i was looking for.
SteveSchmelzle wrote:painted blades, especially the black with blue flake, or black with red flake, is where it's at!!!
so far, i've only seen the silver and gold blades. imho, no one beats nichols for painted blades
Last edited by 21farms on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:17 am

yep, those are my two favourite spinnerbaits on the entire planet...

the black blue flake version caught my first five lbs bass....

they are, imho, the best spinnerbait out there.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:04 pm

21farms wrote:so far, i've only seen the silver and gold blades. imho, no one beats nichols for painted blades
Always starts with the blade...the best Nichols ever put out used Hildebrandt blades (I am rather sure of this), or blades of that quality.