scrounger head

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

scrounger head

Post by lifeofRiley » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:23 am

I tried throwing a scrounger head with a fluke this year and got really bad line twist. I was wondering what people do to alleviate line twist with this lure?

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: scrounger head

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Need more info, what lb line? What type of reel? And brand/size scrounger head? Was it Kalins?

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 pm

That is strange to have line twist with that, unless you're letting it free fall on slack line and then working it in a jigging type manner, but that is the only way I see you getting line twist. Most of the time I'm throwing smaller sizes on a spinning rod and I'd notice line twist but it hasn't been a problem, are you using the snap that is on the head or are you tying direct? That may have an impact of some sort but it is hard to say. Like Zodiak311 mentioned, you need to provide more information so we understand what is going on so we can resolve the problem and also keep it from happening to us.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:57 pm

I don't think it matters what line/reel with this lure. In this case a 200 size curado, line has been all over the place. Many times on the cast the lure sails, but spins like a helicopter. Usually fishing 12-17lb. fluoro with this bait, and a 3/8 to 3/4oz. scrounger.

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:03 pm

It happens during the cast, not the retrieve. I put really small Spro swivels on mine and it eliminated the issue.