Finesse flip jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Finesse flip jigs

Post by jmb27 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Chode wrote:
ctgalloway21 wrote:I just picked up a few Missile Mini Jigs and I like them. way better quality than than the Bitsy Bug thing from Strike King.
better quality in what sense. would love to try them if they're indeed better
Much better hook on the Missile Ike Jigs. Good design with the compact head being well balanced, works along the bottom nicely and gets there quicker with the 1/2 oz size. I've caught some bass with them the first trip out. Only issue I see with the jigs would possibly be the thin skirt holding up over time.

Good jig for downsizing and yet can still fish it deeper if desired.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Finesse flip jigs

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 am

jmb27 wrote:
Chode wrote:
ctgalloway21 wrote:I just picked up a few Missile Mini Jigs and I like them. way better quality than than the Bitsy Bug thing from Strike King.
better quality in what sense. would love to try them if they're indeed better
Much better hook on the Missile Ike Jigs. Good design with the compact head being well balanced, works along the bottom nicely and gets there quicker with the 1/2 oz size. I've caught some bass with them the first trip out. Only issue I see with the jigs would possibly be the thin skirt holding up over time.

Good jig for downsizing and yet can still fish it deeper if desired.
when u say much better hook, it's vmc vs. mustad. r the vmc's really that much better? also, 1/2oz does get to the bottom quicker but u can get it in 1/2oz in the bitsy flip as well. i guess i'm still trying to understand how the ike jigs r better than the bitsy. maybe i just have to get one and try