swim jig review

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
River Rat316
Angler
Angler

swim jig review

Post by River Rat316 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:33 am

thought some of you might find this interesting, me and my son started a new youtube channel focusing on outdoor related items, our first video is a swim jig review, let me know what you think

https://youtu.be/2QG9BZDLShA

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: swim jig review

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 am

Nice video!

Do you know when you folks will be stocking the jig inventory back up on the NS website?

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:38 am

Very well done.
A much better video plug than "Bass Fishin Jessie", if anyone remembers that gong show...

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:45 am

Excellent overview. I very much look forward to your testing review up next.

So, you asked what we think... My thought for the first 30 seconds or so was maybe you might consider a hot bikini clad blond in the background, but once you got going I forgot all about that lustful goodness. On point and informative.

You don't mention custom builds, but if you're down please PM. I'd like to discuss specifics. Thanks for everything.

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:34 am

BucketHunter wrote:Very well done.
A much better video plug than "Bass Fishin Jessie", if anyone remembers that gong show...
Oof. Don't remind me. :lol:

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Enjoyed it. Lots of detail. Waiting for part 2. =D>

River Rat316
Angler
Angler

Post by River Rat316 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Nice video!

Do you know when you folks will be stocking the jig inventory back up on the NS website?
NorthStar is under new ownership as of yesterday, I am a little burnt out on the production side of things, and really just want to fish andenjoy time with my kids. The new owner Bret is a stand up guy and will have the production up and rolling here in a few weeks. I will be helping him making sure he feels comfortable building the jigs, and will hang around helping him with promotion and stuff like that. I also might continue to tie hair jigs for the website since he hasn't ever done that.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:33 am

Good luck!

I appreciated your informative and honest reviews! What a great part-time job you now have!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:59 am

Nice review, as someone who makes tackle, I can appreciate the testing and I was surprised at how well the Strike King paint held up as it usually peels right off of their crankbaits and topwaters.

River Rat316
Angler
Angler

Post by River Rat316 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:01 am

smalljaw wrote:Nice review, as someone who makes tackle, I can appreciate the testing and I was surprised at how well the Strike King paint held up as it usually peels right off of their crankbaits and topwaters.
The one thing about the strike king is it is a pretty flat head so it has a very small area to strike when you contact hard objects, where as the California Swim jig and the Flip and swim are heavy and round shaped so they contact everything head first, alot of the jigs surprised me with there paint toughness. The flip and swim and the Talon came through with no damage to the paint to me that is pretty impressive

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 am

River Rat316 wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:Nice video!

NorthStar is under new ownership as of yesterday, I am a little burnt out on the production side of things, and really just want to fish andenjoy time with my kids. The new owner Bret is a stand up guy and will have the production up and rolling here in a few weeks. I will be helping him making sure he feels comfortable building the jigs, and will hang around helping him with promotion and stuff like that. I also might continue to tie hair jigs for the website since he hasn't ever done that.
Thanks for the reply! I can completely understand your reasoning and decision to pass off the business. Sounds like the new owner will keep everything in good shape once he gets some time under his belt. Hopefully in a month or two the website will be stocked enough for an order.

Looking forward to part 2 of the video with the on the water testing and fishability.