Northstar

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Northstar

Post by BlaineFred » Sun May 07, 2017 6:28 am

I am very sorry that my comment has apparently upset some people.

My problem is that the message on the jigs should NOT say "Not Available". It would be better to say "Contact Company".

Looking at a site where many of the products are labeled unavailable would lead me to believe that the company may no longer be in business.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun May 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Wow, just by jigs from Tacklewarehouse and call it a day. :roll:

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

BlaineFred wrote:I am very sorry that my comment has apparently upset some people.

My problem is that the message on the jigs should NOT say "Not Available". It would be better to say "Contact Company".

Looking at a site where many of the products are labeled unavailable would lead me to believe that the company may no longer be in business.
Custom tackle is different than mass produced, even the way it is sold. I make custom tackle, I used to have a business but now it is only a hobby as I don't really sell anything anymore, I do help those that need a special color or something but only if it can't be had anywhere else. That said, it isn't odd at all for what you experienced when you deal with a true custom lure maker, most will have standard types of heads in different sizes but when it comes to size, color, and even hook and eye choices, well that is mostly up to you. So for a true custom lure maker it isn't odd at all to do business that way as most of those guys do the majority of their business by email or phone calls, the website along with a few standard colors and sizes is just a small sample of what can be done and if you happen to find the color and size jig you want on the order page then you are lucky but normally you contact the person and give them your order.
Barlow's Tackle