Easy On Replacement Skirts

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Greg64
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Easy On Replacement Skirts

Post by Greg64 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 pm

For those of you who use them, who makes the best "easy on" style of spinnerbait replacement skirt?

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Easy On Replacement Skirts

Post by cortman » Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm interested in this as well. I have a couple baits that have lost their skirts but I have no experience tying skirts and frankly it looks a bit difficult.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cadman » Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 pm

cortman wrote:I'm interested in this as well. I have a couple baits that have lost their skirts but I have no experience tying skirts and frankly it looks a bit difficult.
Hand tying is not complicated, especially now with the coated wire. I have step by step instructions. If you're interested Pm me your e-mail and I will send them to you. All you need is a pair of small long nose plies, end cutters, wire and a banded skirt.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 am

There is nothing worse that being in the middle of a hot bite when your "easy-on skirt" becomes it's alter ego, "the easy-off skirt". Make sure that you have several of each skirt if you are going to fish this style of skirt. If you really have a banded manufacturer's skirt that you like, make sure that hand tie/wire it after you put it on. Most of the banded skirts will not last more that a few fish and you need to compensate by having a box full of them, which is fine if your sponsor enables you to go that route ;) . The "easy-on skirts" will also fall apart when you take them off to try another color. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cadman » Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 am

toddmc wrote:There is nothing worse that being in the middle of a hot bite when your "easy-on skirt" becomes it's alter ego, "the easy-off skirt". Make sure that you have several of each skirt if you are going to fish this style of skirt. If you really have a banded manufacturer's skirt that you like, make sure that hand tie/wire it after you put it on. Most of the banded skirts will not last more that a few fish and you need to compensate by having a box full of them, which is fine if your sponsor enables you to go that route ;) . The "easy-on skirts" will also fall apart when you take them off to try another color. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I've always hand tied my skirts with thread or wire. I do know that the banded skirts fall off, especially after a couple of days in the hot sun sitting on the deck. However, I did not know that the "easy on skirts" loosen up and fall off as well. Thanks for the info, I will now definitely stick to hand tying.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 am

By easy-on, I assume you mean the ones with the molded hub like "perfect skirts," etc. If that's the case, go to Bassdozer's store and check out his selection. If you just mean a skirt with a rubber band like most jig skirts, I'd buy premade skirts from Dirty Jigs.

Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Post by Kravetz » Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 am

Terminator quick skirts always work well for me