Tungsten football jigs

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tungsten football jigs

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 am

I have a lot of jigs and fishing a jig is my favorite way to catch a bass. I just ordered my first 1/2 tungsten football jigs (Evolution jigs). I was shocked at how much smaller the head it compared to lead. Of course, the downside is that tungsten is more expensive. I would love to hear from someone who has actually fished tungsten jigs to get real world feedback on whether or not it is worth the investment.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tungsten football jigs

Post by antoniolopez944 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm

It all really depends on where your fishing and how high end your equipment is. If your fishing a lake with a long of snags I would recommend against using them because they are a little more expensive. If money is on the line or you want to use the best go ahead. If you are using a 100 dollar rod you are not gonna be reaping the rewards in the sensitivity department as you would using a higher end rod. Tungsten jig plus a high end rod and flouro/braid will maximize the sensitivity of the combo. Tungsten jigs benefits sensitivity and how dense it is. You can throw a 1/2oz jig and still have a small profile that will trigger more bites. I personally use the keitech casting jig as it offers the best bang for your buck in the tungsten department. The best jig I have ever used is the jackall spade jig but at 9.99 a pop it’s a hard pill to swallow.