Underspin

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Underspin

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 pm

What is your go to underspin?

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Underspin

Post by cadman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:47 pm

I make and paint my own. They work fine and they do catch fish.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Owner flashy swimmer. The one and only.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:27 pm
I got some of those but some times it seems like I miss fish on them being weedless, I want a exposed hook.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:24 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:27 pm
I got some of those but some times it seems like I miss fish on them being weedless, I want a exposed hook.
I see. Yeah; I fish them in thick grassy lakes typically. I will work them near weed edges when open water is available and often get really thumped that way. But, usually I’m working them through weeds/grass. When the grass is really thick, I work them over the top instead of a top water or other frog type bait and they get lots of strikes even that way. Depending on the bite, I can also get hit when I kill the retrieve and work it like a jig. It’s a really versatile bait and can be effective over a range of fish moods. I fish it with all types of plastics, but I find that baits like skinny dipper that are fairly soft and have a grove for the hook yield great hook up ratios. My favourite is a skinny dipper knock off made by Bitter’s. It might be a local Florida thing. It looks just like a skinny dipper, but it’s a touch softer, slightly smaller, and I prefer the colours. With those I rarely miss fish unless they’re only swiping at it. There are so many great underspins out there right now. Lately everyone came out with one. I’ve used owners for years and have caught hundreds and hundreds of fish on them, so I think I’ve gotten used to the weight hook size ratios in their line up. Others seem to be underweighted for my preference. I wish I could fish exposed hook underspins with a head on them, but my lakes don’t allow it. Only when I get out to fishing salt do those come into play for me.