Vibrating Jig Question

Jig it, spin it, buzz it, if it's got a wire or a lead head, it can and will be discussed in here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Vibrating Jig Question

Post by mark poulson » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:52 pm

Basshunter55 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:22 pm
I like using # 5 connection link stainless steel
I also use Wey wire form in 525 and 375 stainless steel
I keep them all in bulk. I have custom aluminum molds I had made so its easy to pour a few hundred up of both sizes when needed.
Thanks for both of your replies.

I was afraid that the connector wire I found was too weak, so I wound up heating the eyes of my 5/0 Mustad and Victory jig hook until they are red hot, letting them cool in the air, and then using a metal awl to open the eyes to receive the chatter blades.
I pour my Arkie jig heads with the opened eyes at somewhere around 700 degrees.
Once they are cool enough to trim and file, I powder coat them and bake them at 350 for 30+ minutes.
I don't know if the hot lead, or the baking at 350, tempers the hook eyes, but I am able to add the blade and bend them back closed with any breakage, and the eyes seem strong. They are hard to bend shut.

Basshunter55
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Basshunter55 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:35 am

Mark do you have a do-it sparkie mold that mold make a good blade jig mold the eyelets fit well and add the keeper wire and you have some pretty nice bladed jig heads. I have one and I'm going to pour some over the custom molds I all ready have I like to tinker when im in my shop. Ill keep you posted.
Building and fishing Custom Jigs since 1977

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:52 pm

Basshunter55 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:35 am
Mark do you have a do-it sparkie mold that mold make a good blade jig mold the eyelets fit well and add the keeper wire and you have some pretty nice bladed jig heads. I have one and I'm going to pour some over the custom molds I all ready have I like to tinker when im in my shop. Ill keep you posted.
Thanks. I look forward to seeing your work.
I have the weedless arkie mold. I like the bait keeper on it better that the sparkie.