Oh you Senko/stickbait users.. LOL

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Oh you Senko/stickbait users.. LOL

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 pm

NYBASSIN wrote:Everybody wants to be the guy thats so good they dont need to use the senko. I clicked on this knowing exactly what it was going to be and it makes me laugh.We all know everyone in here is using the senko much more than they say.
I never use soft plastics...ive never caught a fish on a soft plastic...not patient enough...
stress-what happens between fishing trips

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:39 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:Everybody wants to be the guy thats so good they dont need to use the senko. I clicked on this knowing exactly what it was going to be and it makes me laugh.We all know everyone in here is using the senko much more than they say.
I never use soft plastics...ive never caught a fish on a soft plastic...not patient enough...
expand your horizons dude.. once u get that nitch on using soft plastics, theres no turning back.. plus its fairly key as an avid fisherman to use plastic in your arsenal! trust me.. im sure 99% of the TT family will agree...
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 am

+1 to that ^^.

Plastics are a key part of bass fishing and I always carry a bag of Ikas and Senkos with me in case the bass don't want to cooperate. A friend of mines caught a 16lber on a Senko, so you will get big ones also.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 am

Senkos are a part of my river bass rotation. Some days they work better than others, but they usually will work. I prefer to o-ring/wacky rig them with the Gammy Finesse weedless hooks. I see they have a new style of weedless wacky hook out this year. Can't wait to try them. The current model works well, but the weedguard gets turned inside out and can be a hassle to get straightened out. I cut my teeth drifting live bait for trout here in WI, and I get a primal rush when I feel that tug or see my line twitch.
8-)
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

BCR893 GLX - Senko Rod ;)
BSR852 GLX - Senko Rod now i upgraded to the NRX version ;)

IMO you cant beat a 1/8 oz shaky jig with GP pro senko or a slim senko.

hence the term "SENKO DEADLY"
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 pm

lol what ever funnest is what ever they're hitting.. it's just funner when you catch 'em on something you like! :lol: me? I like spinnerbaits and top waters! :mrgreen:

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:56 am

One reason why I don't use senkos....Everyone and all my fishing buddy I talk to uses it ans swears by it, so why not me? Why would I want to throw a wacky rigged senko when the other 10+ boats are throwing the same thing?? 8-[

This is the biggest reason why I don't shop at Gander or Cabela's.....it's local and I'm sure almost everyone on the lake shops there too. ;) I know I can buy an array of color selections and different types of stick baits from an e-tailer that local retailers don't sell but it's stil the same concept....

Don't know but maybe one day I will go on a clicking frenzy and a few packs of senkos might be added into my cart. :whistle:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

damian_megabass wrote:Don't know but maybe one day I will go on a clicking frenzy and a few packs of senkos might be added into my cart. :whistle:
I go on a Senko frenzy when dicks sporting goods has them on sale for $5 a pack, the weird looks you get from the cashier when you buy $100 of Senkos. :big grin:
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 pm

I used to fish Senkos, Dingers and the Bass Pro knock offs (yes, they work great) religiously last year but switched to paddletails because they are more entertaining to fish. I don't catch as many fish as I used to. Perhaps I need to go back to dead sticking pencil looking worms? : :?

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 am

First fish of 2011? I'm up to about 280 fish... 95% of those on a Senko.

Maybe they work... you think?!

FishEastCarolina
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FishEastCarolina » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:39 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:
Yea me and Dan fish together alot, We have literally fished the same worm side by side and I have gotten bites and he hasn't. I am almost 100 percent positive we must resort to either animal sacrifice or something to cure his hex. He needs to feel that thump followed by a majestic 180 degree sweeping hook-set that brings shivers up your spine . Do any of you guys do black magic or know how to contact the allstate agent guy from Major League so we can tell Jobu to release his worm hex? All in all he catches fish just literally never on the worm.
new day the same way

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:55 am

Oh c'mon guys, perhaps its you/us thats gotta open our minds.. not everyone out on the water fishes for the same reason.. thats why you have the 99% of the time dropshot and senko fishermen, and those that fish with nightcrawlers or live bait.. I personally try and stay away from the dropshot and senko, just so i can get better at other techniques, but when I bring my kid, nephews, nieces or anybody new to fishing with me, the senko is the rig i will tie on for them.. then again some days I just like to throw gulp at the bay bass.. no skill required but you'll catch fish.. so to each his own.. as my favorite quotation goes.. "some people fish all their lives not knowing its not the fish they are after"..

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:14 am

FishEastCarolina wrote:
ecu daniel 14 wrote:
Yea me and Dan fish together alot, We have literally fished the same worm side by side and I have gotten bites and he hasn't. I am almost 100 percent positive we must resort to either animal sacrifice or something to cure his hex. He needs to feel that thump followed by a majestic 180 degree sweeping hook-set that brings shivers up your spine . Do any of you guys do black magic or know how to contact the allstate agent guy from Major League so we can tell Jobu to release his worm hex? All in all he catches fish just literally never on the worm.
honestly, I must smell bad to the fish or something....Daniel + plastics = long,boring, and sunburned afternoon
stress-what happens between fishing trips

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 am

Senkos rock!
Fish on!

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 pm

How many knock off senko style baits are out there?

That should give you a clue on how effective they are, a SENKO is pretty much idiot proof.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)