Havoc Baits?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
primus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Havoc Baits?

Post by primus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 am

Just started fishing the Pit Boss which reminds me of a Beaver with far more action. Works well with a heavy sinker. I haven't tried the other models yet.

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 am

I've had pretty good luck with the Pit Boss flipping it into the grass, although I haven't had much luck with the Devil Spear, but I haven't thrown that near as much as the PB. Really digging them & loving the price. I'm also excited to see that Ike & some of the others are using unreleased Havoc baits, Ike was using a Havoc stick bait at the FLW event a couple weeks ago, that haven't hit yet. Looks like they could be turning the Havoc brand into an all encompassing soft plastic line at a budget price, which I would love.

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:15 am

The big difference is it doesn't have the classic powerbait smell baked in, it is just plain plastic....

I will say the last two weeks, no bites on Bobby's Craw on the river... I think they already figured it out! :lol: :lol:

I had a chigger and a bobbys craw all in same color flipping the same grass line. Chigger was getting nailed and bobby's craw wouldn't get a budge? Not sure whats up, but they started giving me the finger on this bait now :lol:

Basspastor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Basspastor » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:32 pm

I've used the Grass Pig, Deuce, Pit Boss, Craw Fatty, and Devil Spear. I think they are all pretty good. I have a product review of the Deuce, Pit Boss, Craw Fatty, and Devil Spear at my blog.
Bass Pundit Blog

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:23 pm

I wanted to update on this thread.

I went fishing with civicrr on the CA Delta a few weeks ago and brought a pack of Lane's Craw to fish and give a shot. I definitely like the way that the bait feels and it has a very good action. It's a little more subtle and has lots of ridges that probably move some water as it's falling, but it looks great in the water.

The type of plastic they use is a little tougher and more durable than the Power Bait stuff. I could go 4-5 fish before having to switch baits, whereas with the Chigger Craw I could get maybe 2. The bite wasn't that great that day, but it definitely wasn't bad either.

All in all, I'm definitely going to be throwing this bait a lot more and I'm keeping it with me.

dixie_cragger
Angler
Angler

Post by dixie_cragger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 am

anybody that is using the grasspig, how are you using it? T-rig weightless or maybe with a 5/0 weighted hook?

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:23 am

I have used the grass pig a lot. I use the 4/0 belly weighted swim bait hooks. I like them and have caught a fair amount of fish on them, however I do find the skinny dippers to be a more productive bait. The dippers are looser plastic allowing a slightly better kick in the water.

Packard
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Packard » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I got the Ike's Devil Spear for $0.98 at my local DSG and even at that price they weren't useful to me.