Slider baits

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Slider baits

Post by zelmo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I want to dedicate some time this summer to trying Charlie Brewer's slider style. Tackle shops in my area sell the slider heads but not the "official" worms and grubs. What other baits have worked for you with the slider heads?

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Slider baits

Post by darrin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:26 pm

I've used roboworms and yamamoto grubs (though I haven't exactly fished them hard) but I've caught a couple of fish on them. When the fishing gets tough, I tend to go to my dropshot.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:38 am

The Brewer worms are readily available at BPS and online auction. They are soft enough to quiver from the slight rod tip motions that occur naturally while retrieving, but usually hold up through multiple fish. Can't beat basic black.

I've tried 4" Power Bait worms and fancy laminated worms but have not done as well as with the original.

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am

shhh, using a 1/16 oz original slider head, thread on a yama shad shape worm flat side up hook exposed throw it on light line i use 8lb flouro. the bait will fall slowly and a twich of the rod will make the bait swim in a different direction. this is a gread bait in water that's 5-25 ft. suspending fish will eat this thing as it slowly drifts by them. unreal for smallie fishin almost as good for largies. i caught over a 150 fish last year on this system and am up to 4o already thhis year. i live up north, jersey so dont have 10 month seasons like florida or cali. try it

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Ive got a buddy who repeatedly kicks my behind on smallmouth outings using a slider head and various roboworms. Pretty good pond bait for largemouth in my area too.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:32 am

white slider worm on a 1/16 slider head is a spot killer! i catch a bunch on drop-shot with the white slider worm...catch a bunch of nice stripes with this rig as well.