Chigger Toads

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Chigger Toads

Post by Garfisher » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:25 pm

My past two bass outings I have used the chigger toads in the green pumpkin pearl red colour (1st time fishing toads in general). I find them to be a good bait so far, I've gotten 6 bass on them, biggest being 2.6lbs and smallest being about a pound. It casts nicely on a MH spinning combo, the bait looks nice while swimming on the water (I've been retrieveing them at about 3-5 ft/s). It usually lands on it's belly, but sometimes it lands on it's back (about once every 6 casts), the bait only really lasts a couple of fish though because of the hook ripping up the nose. Not a bad bait in my opinion, have any others fished this bait yet?

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Chigger Toads

Post by e_bassfisher » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:53 pm

how much commotion do they cause? what other toad would you most closely compare them to?

Garfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Garfisher » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Depends on how fast you reel them in. At the speed I was reeling them in, it was causing a decent commotion, it stood out in the dead calm water. If you really crank it you can get the same commotion of a buzzbait. I haven't fished any other toads so I can't compare toads.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Garfisher wrote:Depends on how fast you reel them in. At the speed I was reeling them in, it was causing a decent commotion, it stood out in the dead calm water. If you really crank it you can get the same commotion of a buzzbait. I haven't fished any other toads so I can't compare toads.
cool..i may have to try some next spring.....the toad bite is HOT down here from may through about mid june...