Best Wacky Rig Hook

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Greg64
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Best Wacky Rig Hook

Post by Greg64 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 pm

What's the best hook for wacky rigging plastics, particularly Senkos skipped underneath docks?

Thanks

gumbygold
Angler
Angler

Re: Best Wacky Rig Hook

Post by gumbygold » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 am

1/0 or 2/0 red circle hook for me.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 am

This is what I really like.

Varivas Nogales Wild Mosquito

Caught several 4-5 poundes in heavy cover on it. Size I have - 1/0

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 am

The Hayabusa Power Wacky WRM962 is a great one for skipping docks as I find I don't need a weedless hook around them and like the additional strength these offer when fishing braid.

The Hayabusa Weedless Wacky SP WRM202 is an excellent weedless option.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:22 am

Owner weedless wacky hook is the best I have used.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 am

Here's an informative video on that subject:
https://youtu.be/4KjgPJ0FKNs

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am

slime king wrote:Owner weedless wacky hook is the best I have used.
Word. They always hook up for me. The weedless ones stay pretty weedless too. They will rust easy, though, so don't leave them rigged up in salty plastic. I do not like the Gamakatsu finesse wide gap hooks. It's like you have to gut hook to land anything with those in my experience. The split/drop shot hooks perform a lot better, probably because of the angle of the point and slightly longer shaft, but the wire is pretty light. I bet the Kahle style wicked wacky Gammies are great, but i don't know because they seem overpriced. I've had good luck with non-weedless kahle hooks, anyway.

As for wacky jigheads, the Jackalls are my favorite because they're sharp, but not too light, have a tungsten head and titanium weed guard, and a bit longer shank than most, which i feel helps a lot with hook-ups. But the Owners work great, too, and are less expensive, but will bend out if you're not cautious with your drag . Oh, and the Gamakatsu silent roll or whatever they're called, the red ones with the disc shaped head, can help elicit a strike on the drop if the fish need motivation, and they skip pretty well, too. The Zappu heads are sweet, too, and a lot like the Jackalls, but also spendy. As you can probably tell, I freaking love wacky worming. And Neko style. :big grin:
This is the way.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

I use those Hayabusa Wacky weedless hook Gary posted for Neko and other rigs, they are very good. They have cutting points similar to Owner's and are plenty strong.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:22 am

I don't know why i didn't think of this before, but Owner Twistlock Lights are made specifically for senkos. They aren't wacky hooks, but because of the lighter wire you still get good action from the bait, the CPS keeps your bait on the hook when skipping, and the texas rigging keeps you from hanging up on whatever is under there. I doubt you'll find a better hook for that specific application.
This is the way.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 am

My top two are

Trokars and Decoy finesse HD.

I need a good weedguard.

The gami hungers are good. (they have two versions lighter and heavier weedguard) Problem is the weedguard can get pushed out...and the rubber oval can slide down to the barb. Essentially now making the hook barbless. And with big river smallmouth that go nuts....It has cost me quality fish.

I only use weedless

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Tue May 09, 2017 2:14 am

One of my favorite hooks to use to Wacky Rig a Senko is a "Decoy - Shot Guard Worm 100"... Decoy Shot Guard Worm 100 hooks are a must have for any finesse fisherman. The Shot Guard Worm hooks feature an up tuned eye and a "Mono Weed Guard", as well as a "Shrink Wrap Coated Shank" designed to hold split shot in place if you want to turn your presentation in to a a weighted wacky rig or "Flick Shake" type presentation. They come in sizes #1 and #3..

basskeeter1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basskeeter1 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 am

I prefer GAMAKATSU OCTOPUS 1/0 hooks.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Gammy 1/0 drop shot/split shot hook